Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2015, 02:22 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,008,920 times

Advertisements

On the way home from the dentist (the one who had me under the "knife" last week) Thursday, I realized that I was positively, absolutely over the top BUBBLY, very talkative. I made jokes with the TV delivery man, about no trouble holding the door open for him.....one likes to delay their visit to the dentist as they can. Bold and perhaps with a little volume (but not much) about the time, and talked about just about everything remotely associated with my mouth (is that being redundant?).

Now, maybe it was a release of tension. Melinda my cat had been out for two days and had returned. Perhaps it was nervous energy, who is thrilled to go to the dentist? (and when I was younger and doing things like rappelling, I would talk, well cuss, a lot before going over the side) Or overcompensation for a long day since I had been up for something like 20 hours with only a 45 minute catnap ..... and my dentist is an hour from my home. Or that I didn't quite know what to expect with this appointment so I released my stress in not worrying about it, going somewhat "dynamic" by accepting that whatever was said, I would just handle it as it came, letting my fatalism come into play. Why worry about what you can't control and if you are doing what you can about something, why worry about it more?

At least in my adult life, I have always been talkative. When there is a flat point in the conversation, I'll give people a warning that they ought to escape while they can or I'll talk their ear off. Further, especially since I've been through acting, I have gotten more and more theatrical in sudden spurts, playing a quick "part" here and there, a sudden flirt on someone. Like the one I did on a boss (who I knew I could get away with it) many years ago about office loyalty. "I'm loyal! I know whose bed I sleep in!".

Now, in some ways, I suppose it is coming out of second childhood. Or as some of my ren faire actress friends might say, "The Fae: this is what happens when you realize that growing up sucks!". Or perhaps I am having Ren Faire withdrawl since in the past two years, I think that I've only have had 3-5 days over 3 faires, two seasons.

Or it may have just been that once that appointment was done, I could start a long weekend.

As I go through life, I try to approach it at ease, relaxed.....and trying to keep my blood pressure down. To say nothing about that since I am platonic, my sexual energy gets dumped directly into how I relate to people.

Just occasionally, I wonder if I'm too bubbly and perhaps, if briefly, wonder how people are interpreting it.............

OH, WELL! A, B, and C.

A: Once in acting, I had a sudden insight that what I was doing as a game was the bread and butter to my much younger classmates. An acting prof, however, pointed out that was okay......if you can afford to do it that way. Perhaps life is similar.

B: Having a young state of mind, ie it's in my 30's at the oldest but often in my 20's most of the time, can have it's disadvantages, but I generally like it and people who have heard that I do, have told me to hold on to it as long as I can.

C: We aren't as young, especially in the body, as we once were, but we do remember that we once had fun doing things then, such as high impact aerobics to Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin".......and learn now to do other fun things................

...........................as I went down the highway singing with Taylor Swift on the radio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology