Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2018, 05:58 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,790,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I've been called both.
My high school art teacher called me a nihilist. I told her, "Whateverrrr. I don't even care."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 12:43 AM

658 posts, read 722,778 times
This thread is hilarious.

My problem is my hubby accidentally snapped the dial off our washer and now I can't choose anything but a "Normal" wash. I can only look longingly at the "Bulky" , "Heavy duty", "Allergen", "Whites", "Casual", "delicate", "Express", "soak", "clean washer", "Rinse/spin" and "drain/spin" settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Post your trivial 1st world problems (humor thread)-travesty.png  

Old 02-10-2018, 04:54 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillaB View Post
This thread is hilarious.

My problem is my hubby accidentally snapped the dial off our washer and now I can't choose anything but a "Normal" wash. I can only look longingly at the "Bulky" , "Heavy duty", "Allergen", "Whites", "Casual", "delicate", "Express", "soak", "clean washer", "Rinse/spin" and "drain/spin" settings.
Could be a job for needle nose pliers.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:15 PM

658 posts, read 722,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Could be a job for needle nose pliers.
It's snapped off beyond the point I think we could get them in there but maybe if they were REALLY thin. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:44 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,989,367 times
News websites that have those audio pop-up reports and commercials that come up whether you want them to hear them or not. I am normally already reading the desired web page, and then the audio report version comes up and starts blasting away at full volume and always startles the daylights out of me.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:21 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,902,256 times
Sat down with chips and forgot the dip...guess I'll have to survive without

Old 02-12-2018, 08:11 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
Stayed up way too late watching Olympics re-runs and am making tpyoes now as a rsuelt. Too much to do to go back to bde.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:03 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,790,352 times
I keep sitting on my chair with my calves pressed into the hard wood of the legs.
Wait. I should clarify because it sounds like I have sweet, little baby cows and I'm pushing them into chairs like a psycho. "Take that, you little cows! I'll show you who's boss around this ranch."
"Moo?"

Why do I keep pressing my lower legs into the sharp edge of my chair legs to the point where it actually hurts? I find myself doing this and then I yelp, "Ow, why am I doing that? That's such a dumb thing to do." It's usually while I'm painting and concentrating really hard. I should get some padded- legged chairs. Or a padded room! Maybe we'll start with the padded legs on the chairs and then see where it takes us from there.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:32 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I keep sitting on my chair with my calves pressed into the hard wood of the legs.
Wait. I should clarify because it sounds like I have sweet, little baby cows and I'm pushing them into chairs like a psycho. "Take that, you little cows! I'll show you who's boss around this ranch."
"Moo?"

Why do I keep pressing my lower legs into the sharp edge of my chair legs to the point where it actually hurts? I find myself doing this and then I yelp, "Ow, why am I doing that? That's such a dumb thing to do." It's usually while I'm painting and concentrating really hard. I should get some padded- legged chairs. Or a padded room! Maybe we'll start with the padded legs on the chairs and then see where it takes us from there.
Click on the link below if you dare. You messed up, because these baby cows can talk. Well, not right now, but in a year or so. We'll see you then. Makes me wonder what happened to those 6 squirrels

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

Old 02-12-2018, 04:13 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvepaw View Post
News websites that have those audio pop-up reports and commercials that come up whether you want them to hear them or not. I am normally already reading the desired web page, and then the audio report version comes up and starts blasting away at full volume and always startles the daylights out of me.
That would be even worse with earphones!

What annoys me is any site that won't let me read a dang article because it keeps popping up messages like "join our email list" or buy something or whatever. Sometimes multiple times. Just let me read, see or listen. Occasionally I stop using a site if it's too intrusive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology