Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2016, 11:26 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times

Advertisements

So I've been planning a trip for a couple months now. I am traveling with friends and I had a few friends and relatives on my list to see. Now the trips is a week away and I am working on confirming my calendar.

Friend #1: traveling for 3 weeks to see her family abroad. She did visit my city a few weeks ago so I saw her then.
Relative #1: has a conference for work where I live. Didn't give us advanced warning and now scrambling to fit her into existing weekend plans. She returns to her home the day after I leave.
Friend #2: might have to travel for work where I live. Still up in the air if I will get to see them.

The universe works in funny ways. Luckily other friends + relatives will still be around and I am able to connect with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 09:57 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
Paper or plastic?
Either one. I'm bi-sacksual.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:01 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Sigh.

It's sunny outside but since it's rained for days here, the ground is sopping wet and there are puddles everywhere. I want to wear flip flops but do I risk getting the sides of my feet wet and funky? Decisions, decisions.

Old 05-30-2016, 05:49 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynaragon View Post
either one. I'm bi-sacksual.
lol

Old 05-31-2016, 09:30 AM

218 posts, read 242,000 times
Scrubbed kitchen to within an inch of it's life (landlord coming to replace light fixture). Landlord put every gross, greasy, yucky thing he could find on my nice clean counters. Now I have to scrub them again. At least I can cook (or clean) before sunup or after sundown now.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:57 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,181,609 times
Every spring, my neighbors' bamboo grows under the fence that separates our properties, and its a PIA to be constantly cutting it. What is worse is that the mature bamboo that grows on their side of the fence overhangs my house and scrapes the roof, particularly when we have snow or ice storms and the weight bends the trunks. But whenever I go around the fence to trim it they get annoyed, as though I wasn't doing them a favor bytrimming their bamboo!

I'm starting to get worried that we're going to end up with a panda infestation.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:36 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,907,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Every spring, my neighbors' bamboo grows under the fence that separates our properties, and its a PIA to be constantly cutting it. What is worse is that the mature bamboo that grows on their side of the fence overhangs my house and scrapes the roof, particularly when we have snow or ice storms and the weight bends the trunks. But whenever I go around the fence to trim it they get annoyed, as though I wasn't doing them a favor bytrimming their bamboo!

I'm starting to get worried that we're going to end up with a panda infestation.
I just said that this weekend! I cut out a lot of bamboo that came over from a neighbor's yard (some of the shoots got over 10 feet tall within a couple days! I was like, "where can I rent some pandas?"

Old 05-31-2016, 12:35 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,323,411 times
Shopping is a real PITA! I really hate it. It is so irritating to go into a store and/or shop online and get bombarded with so many choices! I mean, really, how do you decide which is the best sprinkler nozzle?

Old 05-31-2016, 03:44 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
I keep a filtered water pitcher in the fridge, because no one likes the taste of the local water. I've had the pitcher for almost 4 years. I am the only one who ever refills it from the tap. DH never refills it, ever. Visiting assorted adult children never refill it, ever.

This morning I left early to get a blood test, leaving DH to make coffee himself. I found a nearly dry water pitcher when I came home. The filter in the pitcher isn't supposed to dry out.

I am waiting to mention it to him until I can force myself to not sound like a nag.

But water in a pitcher is a finite thing. It has to be replenished. Why is that so hard to grasp? (Rhetorical question.)

Old 05-31-2016, 04:02 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,907,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I keep a filtered water pitcher in the fridge, because no one likes the taste of the local water. I've had the pitcher for almost 4 years. I am the only one who ever refills it from the tap. DH never refills it, ever. Visiting assorted adult children never refill it, ever.

This morning I left early to get a blood test, leaving DH to make coffee himself. I found a nearly dry water pitcher when I came home. The filter in the pitcher isn't supposed to dry out.

I am waiting to mention it to him until I can force myself to not sound like a nag.

But water in a pitcher is a finite thing. It has to be replenished. Why is that so hard to grasp? (Rhetorical question.)
They think it refills by magic. Isn't that how glasses get washed and how the toilet paper and paper towel rolls get changed too? How the junk mail gets thrown away, how the bathrooms get cleaned, how the Brita pitcher gets refilled, and how the filter in the pitcher gets replaced, etc. It's all done by magic elves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology