Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 07:11 PM

330 posts, read 178,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I’m not spreading lies. I posted links already do some research on the rise in these incidents. They are documented and searchable.
The point you're missing is your links and stats don't include 'brown' hate attacks on white and Asian people.

Those who are honest with themselves knows the real world tells a very different story about which demographic is being attacked by people of a different race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2019, 07:52 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delunsa View Post
The point you're missing is your links and stats don't include 'brown' hate attacks on white and Asian people.

Those who are honest with themselves knows the real world tells a very different story about which demographic is being attacked by people of a different race.
I’m not going to argue about crime in black neighborhoods if that’s what you’re talking about. That’s not the topic cause it’s not why fear is growing. I am well aware there is a lot of problems in the black community. I was specifically talking about why kids are afraid now. And it’s not cause a black guy might get them. The school shootings, and for many the recent and dramatic rise in acts of hate and violence toward immigrants when I referenced brown children.

People are now shouting things st these kids and their family’s, they go to school to attacks of other kids calling them invaders. Rapists and parroting other hateful racist rhetoric orange man likes to toss to his crowds. Threatening to kill them. I’m saying his words DO have an impact and that I part of the reason kids are scared.

It is happening more to Jewish kids now too, they are being harassed and bullied, and afraid to go to what was a sanctuary for them. Crime within black communities is not why kids are scared more today (with exception of course to the kids who live in them). it’s the division and hatred the clown has sowed. They stopped three mass shootings just this week for God’s sakes, kids started the school year in lock down drills, you d have to be an imbecile to say they have no reason to be afraid.

Old 08-20-2019, 08:56 AM

330 posts, read 178,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I’m not going to argue about crime in black neighborhoods if that’s what you’re talking about. That’s not the topic cause it’s not why fear is growing. I am well aware there is a lot of problems in the black community. I was specifically talking about why kids are afraid now. And it’s not cause a black guy might get them. The school shootings, and for many the recent and dramatic rise in acts of hate and violence toward immigrants when I referenced brown children.

People are now shouting things st these kids and their family’s, they go to school to attacks of other kids calling them invaders. Rapists and parroting other hateful racist rhetoric orange man likes to toss to his crowds. Threatening to kill them. I’m saying his words DO have an impact and that I part of the reason kids are scared.

It is happening more to Jewish kids now too, they are being harassed and bullied, and afraid to go to what was a sanctuary for them. Crime within black communities is not why kids are scared more today (with exception of course to the kids who live in them). it’s the division and hatred the clown has sowed. They stopped three mass shootings just this week for God’s sakes, kids started the school year in lock down drills, you d have to be an imbecile to say they have no reason to be afraid.
Again, you completely missed the point.

Have a nice day.

Old 08-20-2019, 09:00 AM

9,860 posts, read 7,736,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
It's hard to blame you for spreading that lie, because the media whom we could once count upon to at least behave in fundamentally responsible fashion have spread it with impunity. But they have since abandoned any pretense of behaving responsibly. The truth is, he never said that. To believe that lie, you'd also have to believe he also thinks there are "very fine people" among the Antifa crowd too. Do you you believe he thought that then or thinks it now?

You'd have to be deaf, dumb, and blind not to see the people curating the information flow have an agenda, no offense.

But it wasn't a problem before January 2017?
Bitey, thank you so much for addressing all the issues in your long post.

People really need to watch events live instead of watching edited clips and reading inflammatory headlines.

Old 08-26-2019, 07:06 AM

1,289 posts, read 938,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
You act as if Trump referred to all immigrants as rapists. He didn't. You act as if he has referred to all immigrants as "invadoers." He didn't. He used the word "invasion" specifically in reference to an organized, coordinated effort by several hundred thousand people to breach our border at once. That is LITERALLY an invasion. And he never used it as a call to citizen action but as part of a discussion over legislative policy. But those curating the narrative have stripped his comments of their context to pretend like he has referred to immigrants and immigration generally in these terms.
The people at the southern border are asking permission to enter. Invasion does not involve asking permission so their activity is not an invasion.

Old 08-26-2019, 07:25 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
As bitey said:

"You have to be deaf, dumb, and blind not to see the people curating the information flow have an agenda, no offense."

/thread

Old 08-26-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
As bitey said:

"You have to be deaf, dumb, and blind not to see the people curating the information flow have an agenda, no offense."

/thread
Not sure I understand -- are you responding to a post?

Old 08-26-2019, 10:42 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaLia View Post
The people at the southern border are asking permission to enter. Invasion does not involve asking permission so their activity is not an invasion.
SOME are asking for permission to enter. Others are trying to physically force their way across the border without permission, sometimes to the extent that border patrol has had to use tear gas to repel them.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:11 PM

A small number are having to be repelled, for sure. But if there were an actual invasion going on the whole country would quickly know that in an unequivocal way. Not by hyperbole but by our military's response.

"invade v. 1. to enter forcefully as an enemy, go into with hostile intent. 2. to enter as if to take possession 3. to enter and affect injuriously or destructively"
Webster's College Dictionary, 1996

Old 08-26-2019, 12:19 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaLia View Post
A small number are having to be repelled, for sure. But if there were an actual invasion going on the whole country would quickly know that in an unequivocal way. Not by hyperbole but by our military's response.

"invade v. 1. to enter forcefully as an enemy, go into with hostile intent. 2. to enter as if to take possession 3. to enter and affect injuriously or destructively"
Webster's College Dictionary, 1996
Yeah, that whole imminent invasion thing was just a dog and pony show to try to get his base to the polls for the midterms. It was so urgent, it required Fox news to report from the border all day every day… Until the midterms were over. Then all of a sudden you didn’t hear a word about invading caravans anymore and the “reporters” went home.

It’s becoming a thread about immigration, but it’s really not the reason that a lot of kids are scared. Kids started the first week of school having to have a lockdown drills. They’re scared because they see this stuff happening more and more. They’ve stopped half a dozen other shootings and the couple of weeks since El Paso and Dayton. It’s become a new fad almost. I don’t think it’s unreasonable that children would be scared in this environment. And there really is no way to keep them from knowing about all this, not if they’re over five.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology