Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2016, 10:24 PM

129 posts, read 189,356 times

Advertisements

I started taking a supplement called Sam e. I thought I would go to the doctor for a checkup in case things went weird. Well my blood test came back normal, but with one item on the high end of normal. Dr said no worries it is in range. Then I lost a small chunk of weight. I should explain I also had lower back pain I hadn't had before. Panic set in. According to what I read online these can all be symptoms of cancer. Then I started reasearching, going crazy, went to the Dr's explained my fear. Gave prednisone for my back. Now I am convinced that all my stomach problems, odd stools, pains, face flushes are all forms of some cancer. In operable of course. I have all but buried myself. Convinced I won't see my kids grow, that I will die soon That 43 is my last year on earth.
I am paralyzed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 10:29 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,849,231 times
I have ovarian cancer and had no symptoms. Everyone keeps asking if im in pain or had this or that. Nope. The only thing i have is a HUGE thing sitting on my right ovary. Sure, i may get twinges to remind me an alien is inside me, but nothing that makes me go " oh crap". My cancer is only on my ovary, it has not spread and is contained. Surgery may cause it to spread because it was described to me " it would be like popping a water balloon and hoping everything doesnt spill everywhere ".

If youre worried, go see an oncologist and ask for testing. CT/MRI/CA125. All my tests come back fine except my CA125 is high. My MRI/CT clearly show my cancer, theres no guessing.

Old 12-11-2016, 04:12 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,947 times
hypochondria sounds like an appropriate diagnose...

Old 12-11-2016, 05:15 PM

88,625 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarick View Post
I started taking a supplement called Sam e. I thought I would go to the doctor for a checkup in case things went weird. Well my blood test came back normal, but with one item on the high end of normal. Dr said no worries it is in range. Then I lost a small chunk of weight. I should explain I also had lower back pain I hadn't had before. Panic set in. According to what I read online these can all be symptoms of cancer. Then I started reasearching, going crazy, went to the Dr's explained my fear. Gave prednisone for my back. Now I am convinced that all my stomach problems, odd stools, pains, face flushes are all forms of some cancer. In operable of course. I have all but buried myself. Convinced I won't see my kids grow, that I will die soon That 43 is my last year on earth.
I am paralyzed.
It's sounds like some sort of an obsessional anxiety. Go see a therapist. It will not be new to him or her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology