Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 05:39 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,735,357 times

Advertisements

My brother is 5'8 (he's 38yr old). His wife is the same height as him. His height never bothered him as we are all on the short side on my mon's side of the family. I have an uncle that's 5'6 and my grandfather was the same. Our mother is 4'10.

5'8 is a good height. Don't let if bother you. If you have confidence people will notice that before they notice your height.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 06:04 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonBradu View Post
For the female posters in here

To men height defines our masculinity just as a women's hair often defines many females feminity. Being a short man is like being a women who's balding and can't grow long hair

Height is everything. Without it, you can never truly universially win the respect of your fellow man and many women will treat you like you're subhuman. It is what it is. But it's not something to just be shrugged off like some females are suggesting. If a women couldn't grow long hair, she wouldn't just shrug it off.

Many women have a romantic interest in tall guys. I have found that I'm one of the few that actually prefer shorter guys but that doesn't mean that no one will hang out with you or even that you won't ever find a woman that won't care.

Many successful musicians/actors are around your range of height so I think you're an okay height. That is actually average or close to it. People don't generally even pay attention to their height because they focus on their art.
If you have something else to offer (whether it is music poetry or technological prowess...whatever you're good at) the right woman won't care and will focus on what she has in common with you. If you're talking about something other than dating though, you have even less to worry about.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:10 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,301,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I still consider myself a kid also JacksonBradu (Although the world sucks now compared to the 80s and earlier)

Nothing @ all wrong with it either
Same here. I am pushing 50 but don't think I've mentally changed that much since I was in my mid-20s. I'm definitely not all adult and serious. More responsible, sure. But I kind of feel like I stopped "aging" mentally when I hit 30. Hope this never changes.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:12 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,251 times
Quote:
To men height defines our masculinity just as a women's hair often defines many females feminity. Being a short man is like being a women who's balding and can't grow long hair

Height is everything. Without it, you can never truly universially win the respect of your fellow man and many women will treat you like you're subhuman.
Dude, someone has seriously messed your head up.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:15 PM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times
I'm 6 foot and the men I work with are wiedly all short. (Now that short is weird, just how many of them are).

They are all attorneys making $200K+ /year.
I promise you height means nothing to these guys.

Old 12-05-2016, 11:01 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Many women have a romantic interest in tall guys. I have found that I'm one of the few that actually prefer shorter guys but that doesn't mean that no one will hang out with you or even that you won't ever find a woman that won't care.

Many successful musicians/actors are around your range of height so I think you're an okay height. That is actually average or close to it. People don't generally even pay attention to their height because they focus on their art.
If you have something else to offer (whether it is music poetry or technological prowess...whatever you're good at) the right woman won't care and will focus on what she has in common with you. If you're talking about something other than dating though, you have even less to worry about.
Dustin Hoffman, I think, is shorter than the OP.

Old 12-06-2016, 02:21 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,208 times
Quote:
For the female posters in here

Height is everything. Without it, you can never truly universially win the respect of your fellow man and many women will treat you like you're subhuman. It is what it is. But it's not something to just be shrugged off like some females are suggesting. If a women couldn't grow long hair, she wouldn't just shrug it off.
Are you for real? Dude, it's not your height holding you back. You need to get some professional help. Your world view is really out of whack.

I don't think women treat these dudes like they are subhuman;

Cee Lo Green/Lil Wayne...5'6"
Ton Cruise...5'7"
Ryan Seacrest...5'8"
Hugh Hefner...5'9"

Conner McGregor, the best pound for pound fighter in the world of MMA, is 5'9". I guarantee you that any guy who doesn't show him respect will regret it.

You really need to get a grip. You are not ready to face the world if this is such a problem for you.

Old 12-06-2016, 03:13 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
Your brain doesn't mature until age 26.

Winston Churchill and Martin Luther King were 5'7.

Here's 100 more:

http://www.themodestman.com/100-famous-short-men/

Start going to a gym, working on your food choices, get a GOOD haircut and GOOD wardrobe and keep it clean and neat, make sure you look like you CARE about your appearance every day, develop some skills and accomplishments that give you some self worth.

Boost your own confidence and/or bank account and you'll have a bevy of women to choose from LOL.

It's HILARIOUS that you say women can't give you INPUT since it's WOMEN you're complaining about attracting.

Do you even understand irony?

Old 12-06-2016, 03:20 AM

513 posts, read 737,035 times
Default Dated one guy over 6 feet --

-- he was conceited and I believe it's because women did pursue him, rather than the other way around. He felt he didn't have to try. The shorter men had better personalities, were better dancers, treated me better, and the ones who dressed nicely and took care of their appearance were always more attractive to me. It also depended on their self-confidence, as long as it didn't extend into arrogance.

Old 12-06-2016, 03:30 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
When I turned 18, I knew I was an adult but I still had a difficult time accepting it because I didn't feel like an adult because of my short stature. A few years later I still don't. I have a baby face. Im short. I go out in public with my father and he still towers over me just as he did when I was in junior high
I'm 5'8/5'9. Could be worse but can't help but feel inadequate when standing near or next to men taller than me (most men)
When I was a kid, I pictured myself being 6'2 and as tall as or taller than most men. Fast forward to actual adulthood and there are high schoolers who are taller than me
Seek professional guidance, it is not your height that is holding you back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology