Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 03:41 AM

1 posts, read 907 times

Advertisements

So I have pretty much moved 5 times in 5 years.
NC summer of 2012(relationship, I moved back to the AZ right after the break up) That relationship took a huge toll on me. I was so depressed, and drinking all the time. I knew I had to get away.
Southern Utah in 2013(one of the best decisions I made was to move there. It was the most I ever grew, and finally could believe in myself) 2014 back home to Arizona to see if things changed. 2015-Texas(only for work) I knew I wouldn't be there long. Hey are you gonna pass up free rent for the company you're working for?? 2016- California. I wanted to experience the beach life. Growing up in the desert got tiring. It wasn't till I was about 24 is when I wanted to start moving. Mainly just to get away, and try something new. Obviously I'm a huge gypsy/nomad. What's wrong with seeing other areas? Trust me I do want to settle down some time. Stay in a place, own my home, meet the right girl,start a family. For now since I'm single. I figure I want to explore as much as I can. My family doesn't like how I move a lot. It's funny I get looked down like I'm a literal "junkie" because I like to move. When I moved to Utah I learned finally that my life is my life, not theirs.(I grew up in a narcissistic family)
I finally believed in myself that I was a good person. Not this "junkie monster" they made me out to be. I was there for about a year,and a half. Moved up there with $150 in my pocket, found a place a week before I moved. Found a job within 3 days of living there. Made friendships that will literally last a lifetime!! It's just crazy that I have moved around a lot. I feel I can't ever be satisfied. I know I will be one day. What's wrong with exploring other states or places? I worked in Alaska for a summer, and it is such an amazing place!! I know I'll set my feet somewhere, someday. I'm just wondering does anyone else feel this way? What is your story? How do you relate? We all don't have to live the same lives as other's. Traveling, and moving has been a great experience for me. Please hit me up with what you believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 06:47 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,070,975 times
Moving can be fun. As you accumulate more things moving becomes expensive. Even reconnecting simple utilities can cost a lot. As long as you have the means, have fun.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:24 AM

3,167 posts, read 4,003,230 times
When I was young I moved at least that much. I don't remember ever renewing a lease. Hopefully you're still young - otherwise, unless you're making a living by moving that much, it just means you probably aren't very mature or financially secure.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:30 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Enjoy it. Not everyone is meant to stay in one place. I love moving….it's an adventure for me. My husband and I used to be full time rver's, then we built another house, got tired and hit the road again. We were also lucky enough to be able to include our work with our sense of fun and adventure. We flip houses when they come available. We move to a new location for 3-5 months, fix the house and move on. Love it We make new neighbors and new friends in each location. Life is not meant to be stagnant.

I cannot comprehend being in one place for too long. My in-laws are totally opposite. Whatever makes you happy…go for it.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:55 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
I like moving. Exploring new neighborhoods, cities, decorating the house, new stuff for the house, ...

Old 12-15-2016, 05:22 PM

1,158 posts, read 961,459 times
I love moving too!!! Some people stay in the same place their entire life. I could never do that. As soon as my kiddo is done with high school I am moving again. It is an adventure!!!

Old 12-15-2016, 08:48 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,343,712 times
I think that if it works for you then it's the right thing to do. I used to move a lot too. I mean, a lot! It wasn't really about exploring new places, it was more about finding some decent and sane people to live around! I finally gave up on that one, but did finally find a place that is warm almost year round, has a liberal vibe, and is a place I can afford top live in, so this may be it for me. What I found is hard to find. After a point you get burned out on moving, but if I had not found this place I would probably be still moving around.

Immaturity or not being financially secure has nothing to do w/ moving. That's a backhanded put down if I ever heard one. If I lived by someone that said that I would want to move (see my point about looking for sane and polite people above).

Old 12-15-2016, 09:28 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,686 times
I move all the time probably ten times in five years or more,I hate it now a lot and just want a stable nice home to live in.

Old 12-16-2016, 05:32 PM

61 posts, read 52,828 times
I hate moving. I moved every other year while growing up, and I've now been in this house for 17 years. I'm not moving again. Ever. What a pain in the @ss!

Old 12-16-2016, 07:09 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,648,319 times
When I was single I moved a LOT. Rarely completed a lease. I always liked moving into nice new apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology