Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 11:26 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I've been binge watching a romantic comedy series (Hart of Dixie) and while I'm enjoying the show very much, it gets depressing with all the romantic situations and I'm single and wondering if there's anyone out there for me as I'm deep into a dry spell. Yeah, it gets rough so I have to go find something constructive to do afterwards.
Maybe it's time for less watching others have romance, and spend more time doing something about your own, or to be more precise your absence thereof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 12:00 PM

50,807 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Maybe it's time for less watching others have romance, and spend more time doing something about your own, or to be more precise your absence thereof.
I agree, it's like listening to love songs after a break up, it can become a kind of wallowing. I too found them sad and now I love watching people fall in love because I am So don't lose hope Stepka, I'm 54 and it's never too late. But I agree, stick to comedies and hopeful movies. Some movies that are about love are still delightful and cheerful though, like (IMO) Moonstruck, and My Big, Fat Greek Wedding. To me they are hopeful movies for love.[

CENTER]SaveSave[/CENTER]

Old 03-01-2017, 08:00 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Sounds like excellent advice but I burned myself out for awhile--can't even face POF right now. But. . . all is not lost. Someone seems interested and he's solid. We'll see.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I agree, it's like listening to love songs after a break up, it can become a kind of wallowing. I too found them sad and now I love watching people fall in love because I am So don't lose hope Stepka, I'm 54 and it's never too late. But I agree, stick to comedies and hopeful movies. Some movies that are about love are still delightful and cheerful though, like (IMO) Moonstruck, and My Big, Fat Greek Wedding. To me they are hopeful movies for love.[

CENTER]SaveSave[/CENTER]
LOL I'm older than you. I do know what you mean about hopeful movies tho--I still hold out hope and feel somehow that this wallowing is doing me some good. I feel like such a relationship idiot sometimes b/c nothing ever seems to stick so I'm watching how other people do it.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Sounds like excellent advice but I burned myself out for awhile--can't even face POF right now. But. . . all is not lost. Someone seems interested and he's solid. We'll see.
Ohhh... Glad I Googled. Hey, plenty of men like me are too old to want children. For me they would be a disaster. I'm living on the college funds of the children I never had. I would be living in a 1BR apartment if I had children and got divorced! -- I'm getting myself into better shape and planning on attacking the cougars from above!!! LOL!!! Yeah, dat's the picture, I'll be a cougar hawk!

SRSLY there is never no chance of no love unless there is no love left in your heart. Just seek partners who are age compatible. I'm going to join that dating service for older members as soon as I've put in enough time on my diet and in the gym. Hopefully by this summer.

You are not too old for love until you are dead. Don't spend your time watching TV.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:40 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Because you certainly can't have love in your life AND occasionally binge watch TV.

It's one or the other.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:47 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times
Easy, you just need to find a love interest who enjoys binging on the same TV as you do

Old 03-02-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Ohhh... Glad I Googled. Hey, plenty of men like me are too old to want children. For me they would be a disaster. I'm living on the college funds of the children I never had. I would be living in a 1BR apartment if I had children and got divorced! -- I'm getting myself into better shape and planning on attacking the cougars from above!!! LOL!!! Yeah, dat's the picture, I'll be a cougar hawk!

SRSLY there is never no chance of no love unless there is no love left in your heart. Just seek partners who are age compatible. I'm going to join that dating service for older members as soon as I've put in enough time on my diet and in the gym. Hopefully by this summer.

You are not too old for love until you are dead. Don't spend your time watching TV.
Never fear--I almost never watch TV, except for this and it's a real break from my usual routine. This weekend is a big dance weekend--will probably dance a total of 20 hours and I'm not even exaggerating. Great advice tho. and good luck on your own romantic life.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:42 PM

The big dance sounds like an excellent balance to your binge watching TV!

Old 03-03-2017, 07:32 PM

99,576 posts, read 4,492,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwtm View Post
We LOVE Happy Valley even though it can be a little depressing. Another good detective type show from the Brits is called "Foyle's War", about a policeman in England during WWII. The crimes are sometimes slightly related to the war, but not. Excellent series.
I just finished Foyle's War a few weeks ago. It is indeed a high quality and engrossing series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology