Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2017, 06:38 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,856,150 times

Advertisements

I was going to present something to a class. Either some kind of work or church group I belonged to. I was also going to use a simple stringed folk instrument in the presentation. An instrument I had never played before but would be simple to learn. I had so little time to prepare, however, that I was going to just be learning it as I was presenting it. The presentation was not a huge concern but I was just so poorly prepared. When the time came I had trouble finding my materials. I realized that when I did I was just going to have to resort to basically reading them something verbatim and would try to make it short. I had trouble finding the piece of paper I needed in a stack of folders I was carrying. I told them jokingly that I used so little paper anymore in these technological times that I have trouble getting organized because of it. I didn't feel too worried about my small audience because I knew they were all mature freethinking progressive types like myself. Nonconformist and understanding. Not that type that would judge me.

Any ideas about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 08:11 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,406,229 times
I understand that these performance anxiety dreams are among the most common that people have.

Mine have lessened some with time but once in a while I'll still be standing on my high school stage and realize I can't remember a single line to the class play. Or I'll be trying to find the college classroom where I'm supposed to take my final exam but the room seems to have moved.

Or my favorite - I am standing arm-in-arm with my father, wedding veil on, bouquet in hand, at the beginning of the church aisle. The organ begins to play the wedding march and I look down to see that I am wearing cut-off jeans and bare feet!

Old 06-24-2017, 01:43 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,276,683 times
Very common dream: Not studying for a test, not knowing lines to a play, being late to a class, etc. etc.

I can't tell you exactly what it means because I don't know what is going on in your life right now. But, there is something that you are worried about. However, your dream is telling you that even though you are unprepared, you will do fine and it is not a big deal.

Cat

Old 06-25-2017, 03:07 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,856,150 times
Yes, I have a lot of test-taking dreams. A few nights before this I was walking to a class and didn't want some people sitting in a car seeing which room I was going into.

But this particular dream had a more positive feel. Even though the presentation was turning into a disaster, or at least going in a humorous direction, it's like it didn't even matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology