Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 01:59 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Anyone know what is happening with that young black cute brain dead girl of a few years ago? She was overweight and about 10 years old. The mother moved her to a new facility that told her they could bring her back. I think they live in CA.
She is still in New Jersey and still on somatic support and still brain dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 11:13 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,420,117 times
I know a man that was in a car accident and seemed okay at first then three days later had a seizure while standing on top of his truck unloading a fish tank. He fell to the ground and hit his head hard. Hi twin brother wonders if he made the right decision (they were like one person because they were so close) and that is because the event took place 14 years ago. He is laying in a bed in a hospice type place. Eyes open, can't talk or anything. Not a great life....poor guy. I'd rather die.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:51 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
My late wife died suddenly when an aneurysm burst in her magnificent brain. I gave her APR until the medics got here (less than 5 minutes), and they put her on life support, but once in the hospital I was told she was brain dead. I would have given E V E R Y T H I N G and A N Y T H I N G to bring her back, but I knew she wouldn't want to be less than normal. She'd told me and her kids, that if she ever forgot her birthday to please leave a roller skate at the top of the stairs for her. She was the smartest person I've ever known.

I had to let her go. I said my goodbyes, as did her daughters, before her organs were harvested. I've wrestled with it now and then, but it was the only sane option. It was a decision made for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology