Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 04:29 PM

358 posts, read 208,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
The only thing empowering about female sexuality is when she gets to tell people that her intimate life is none of their business.
That's why wise men don't ask, they just know. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 04:32 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenoun View Post
What I'm curious to know is, what is so threatening or intimidating to a man about a promiscuous woman?

But what I'm even more curious still to know is, why would a woman even feel the need to make such an accusation in the first place?
It's been explained already here.

Some men would not want to be with a woman who they perceived as having more sexual experience than they do, or more than they consider "necessary," because they don't want to believe they compare less than favorably to her previous partners.

And ...

Some men with control issues don't like so-called promoiscuous women because believe they will be harder to control. This kind of fragile, narcissistic ego needs to be in control, but a woman who has experienced the freedom to sleep with multiple partners wouldn't necessarily be down for that.

Anyone who suggests it's NOT about control is blowing smoke up your skirt.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:33 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
But insecure about what? What is there to be insecure about? My husband is married to me and our sex life is really good, and also he was and still is very much liked by women so I don't think he has any hangups, he's very confident. And he has never said this type of thing to a married woman. He said it to a single, promiscuous woman.

What I'm curious to know is, what is so threatening or intimidating to a man about a promiscuous woman? Is that that he resents her enjoying sex? That makes no sense whatsoever, men like it when women enjoy having sex (lord knows they spend enough time pursuing women for it - why wouldn't they want them to enjoy it?).

Maybe they're not threatened or intimidated at all. Maybe it's something else, because it makes no sense to say that it would cause feelings of insecurity.

But what I'm even more curious still to know is, why would a woman even feel the need to make such an accusation in the first place? As I say I'm not very experienced myself so I don't think I can quite relate. Is it just a standard attack in the face of criticism, perhaps something to do with feeling like being in a position of some kind of power?
Question: How did you find out about this conversation? Did it happen in front of you, or did your husband tell you about it, or did someone else tell you about it?

I have seen men want to demonstrate to their wives, that they are showing scorn to a promiscuous woman, and judging her. This could be, because they want to demonstrate to you that they find her disgusting, not attractive. "See honey, even though she gives out sex like candy, I'm disgusted, not tempted!" OR, it could be a bit of showing you how he would judge you, if you took it into your head to join her in her sexual sleeping around shenanigans. I've seen guys get worried about the wife being friends with promiscuous women out of concern they'll go to the club together, and before ya know it, they're both drunk and picking up men. (Or so I assume is their worry.)

Some guys just like to be judgmental of women's sexual habits, in a general sense, out of some need to feel like some kind of superior moral authority. I have no idea if that's the sort of thing your husband would feel any need to do.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:35 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
B

But what I'm even more curious still to know is, why would a woman even feel the need to make such an accusation in the first place? As I say I'm not very experienced myself so I don't think I can quite relate. Is it just a standard attack in the face of criticism, perhaps something to do with feeling like being in a position of some kind of power?

The question is why would your husband say what he did in the first place?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-05-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That IS the question.

What in the world???

Old 09-05-2017, 04:44 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOfTheMack2017 View Post
You cannot understand this, because you are not a man. It has nothing to do with insecurity, or any of that white knight talk nonsense, so please ignore. It has to do with the role we play in a womans life, about being able to take on a teacher role and satisfy her in ways that only you can.
LOLOLOL. I am glad my husband does not feel that way.

Quote:
Its a bit difficult to explain. Its sort of like a woman seeking a provider and a protector, or a man that's taller than her.
And he is glad I don't feel that way.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:44 PM

12 posts, read 11,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I don't really know. What I'm more curious about is why the woman would respond by accusing him of feeling threatened. Men like it when women like sex, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

I just don't get it, why did she feel the need to defend herself by making an attack / accusation like that? In what way did she feel attacked / threatened by his comment (people don't lash out unless they feel threatened, right?)? What did she think he was thinking? How did she think he felt as he said it?

Old 09-05-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
LOLOLOL. I am glad my husband does not feel that way.
Oh, I'm sure he does, he just doesn't want to or is afraid to tell you.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I don't really know. What I'm more curious about is why the woman would respond by accusing him of feeling threatened. Men like it when women like sex, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

I just don't get it, why did she feel the need to defend herself by making an attack / accusation like that? In what way did she feel attacked / threatened by his comment (people don't lash out unless they feel threatened, right?)? What did she think he was thinking? How did she think he felt as he said it?
It's so odd that you keep pushing aside all other suggestions and focusing on this ^^^ part.

It's almost as if you came here not to ask a question but to prove a point, in a roundabout way. Or to get us to prove it for you.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:

Maybe he was right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology