Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2018, 04:19 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,423,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
INTJ females are exceedingly rare (0.08% of the population), so all of these women claiming on Facebook pages to be INTJ females obviously aren't/can't be; it's apparently become the "in" thing to be, like gay or transgender, although we're not...

It cheapens it.

Properly administered and scored tests only, please; not online quizzes.
I took several different versions of the test, over at least 20 years, and always got INTJ. I know I think differently than most people, for better and for worse. Something could be perfectly obvious to me, but no one else sees it. Or something could be perfectly obvious to everyone, but I can't see it.

Finding out I was INTJ helped me see why my way of thinking can be unusual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 04:56 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Entertainment?

One can say of any test that it measures what it measures.
The actual Meyers Briggs tests is not used to entertain. http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-p...rch.htm?bhcp=1

Quote:
In reading the article I seem to be in the middle or grey area of many of the measures so it would probably produce varying results for me if I took it multiple times. In other words, useless to me.
Because you're reading a pop psychology article about a version of the test.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:38 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Because you're reading a pop psychology article about a version of the test.
I am a serious student of psychology including a minor in psych at my state university.

Go ahead and quote scholarly articles.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:19 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times
Quote:
Yet another poser; the woods are thick with them.
Such an arrogant and ignorant comment.

I took the "official" Myers-Briggs Inventory. I have a master's degree in psychology.

What are you basing your gross speculations on, other than hatred towards women?

Old 05-15-2018, 09:06 PM

"Yet anther poster" would be a good forum name. Just sayin'.

I don't understand at all why this topic has to be about hatred towards women...

BTW the original title of "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" was in Swedish "Men Who Hate Women."

I don't understand this at all. I'm a man who loves women. My life wouldn't be worth living if not for women. I can't just watch movies and listen to music and eat at restaurants for the rest of my life, not without women. Just the though of that brings tears to my eyes.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:21 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,908,995 times
Quote:
"Yet anther poster" would be a good forum name. Just sayin'.

I don't understand at all why this topic has to be about hatred towards women...

BTW the original title of "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" was in Swedish "Men Who Hate Women."

I don't understand this at all. I'm a man who loves women. My life wouldn't be worth living if not for women. I can't just watch movies and listen to music and eat at restaurants for the rest of my life, not without women. Just the though of that brings tears to my eyes.
Well you just got my vote.

I'm very suspicious, also, of these pop versions of this test. It's unlikely that any useful conclusions can be made on a 10-30 question test. I think you'd need hundreds of questions.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:25 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times
"I'm a man who loves women."

...posting on an INTJ female thread? Okay...

Old 05-17-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
I'm very suspicious, also, of these pop versions of this test. It's unlikely that any useful conclusions can be made on a 10-30 question test. I think you'd need hundreds of questions.
It's ludicrous that 10-30 questions could tell you anything significant about a person's personality.

Quote:
"I'm a man who loves women."

...posting on an INTJ female thread? Okay...
Excuse me? Is this topic restricted to replies only from INTJ women? You know, like the FB page?

Old 05-17-2018, 10:54 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,908,995 times
Quote:
It's ludicrous that 10-30 questions could tell you anything significant about a person's personality.

Excuse me? Is this topic restricted to replies only from INTJ women? You know, like the FB page?
No, it's not.

Wow, hard to realize how old this thread is. I unsubscribed to that FB group eons ago. I'm not good at being a "True Believer" -- like this Empath thing. The tests are very brief and usually lead to materials for purchase, books and such on the subject.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:02 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
It's not just 10-30 questions. The freebie online version is that, but the official version you pay for is pages and pages of questions. It does seem to peg people pretty well. And people in some business-management training programs or degree programs get taught about it, so they can better manage their staff, knowing what type of behavior and cognitive styles to expect from each person. IF they have their staff members' scores, that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology