Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 12:22 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Who is this person to you, and why are you making such harsh judgments about her?

You've accused her of being a prude, marrying the first man that came along, and now "flaunting her body." Honestly, what is your problem with her? Are you envious of her? Jealous of her husband?

Maybe OP couldn't ever get her attention, so now he's playing sour grapes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 12:29 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
What would you think about a formerly prudish woman now flaunting her body?

Without saying exactly how it happened, I would compare it to a former nun getting married. Then, going on a photo shoot for a men's fashion and style magazine like Maxim wearing a bikini.

Honestly, I don't think there is anything wrong with what she is doing. I consider it a positive thing for someone like her to become less inhibited. But she probably married the first person who proposed to her. I think if she had been less prudish before she would have gotten a lot of proposals sooner. The only reason I'm asking is because I don't understand people who are that prudish. And I hope that this is a positive change for her.
Many people do wait until marriage until engaging any sexual activity. I'm guessing after she got married her world changed and now she can't get enough

Old 03-06-2019, 12:42 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Way back in the day, I knew of a couple that would often hang out at a local donut shop. I knew about this couple because my sister worked at the donut shop, and I would hang out there sometimes, or pick her up after her shift was over, or whatever.

Anyway, the guy was unremarkable, but his wife, or his girlfriend was always dressed kind of flashy, and to my younger perception...kind of trashy, cheap, and obvious, although she always seemed like a sweet person.

Me and my sisters would kind of laugh about her, and one day we were telling our mom about the couple. My mom said something that always stuck with me. "Maybe she dresses like this for "date night" because it makes her husband happy." And to me, it was like "Well, alright then. I can see that."

At the end of the day...it's just their business, not mine.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:45 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,439,565 times
Maybe since getting married, she's no longer concerned about attracting men that are interested only for her looks. Who knows.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:55 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That is a little strange if you are not exaggerating. The Mormon sister wives dress like that. There are websites to get conservative clothes that are stylish, but they cover up too. I don't think they are really prudish, just a more conservative style than the Kardashian stuff that is popular now. I have no idea why a woman would dress like a sister wife, maybe she is really bad at fashion but didn't want to dress provocatively to attract a man just for that.

Since she's married maybe her husband likes her to dress more current, so she does?
You're talking about people who are affiliated with an entirely different Church than The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Check my user profile if you want to see pictures of how we actually dress.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:22 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Who is this person to you, and why are you making such harsh judgments about her?

You've accused her of being a prude, marrying the first man that came along, and now "flaunting her body." Honestly, what is your problem with her? Are you envious of her? Jealous of her husband?
I was wondering the same. It comes across less like you are concerned for someone, and more like you're obsessed.

I think your seeming obsession should be more of a concern to you, than what she is wearing. Perhaps figure out what you are really motivated by...and get some help.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:22 AM

96 posts, read 80,193 times
Now that she is married, she simply had her sexual awakening.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:32 AM

6,305 posts, read 4,199,353 times
Quote:

This I don’t get the issue at all, why does it matter to the op? It’s weird!

Old 03-07-2019, 08:31 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You're talking about people who are affiliated with an entirely different Church than The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Check my user profile if you want to see pictures of how we actually dress.
Yeah sorry, I meant that other group.... I know Mormons are normal..

Old 03-07-2019, 11:48 AM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
A thought not yet expressed...

I know it would seem really weird to many, especially those who have more jealous tendencies with their partners. But for some people, showing off their mate makes them happy. My boyfriend has wanted me to share pictures online that I'm not comfortable sharing online (once I told him that, he dropped it, he's not pressuring me or anything.) My point is, it was his idea. And I think there's a feeling of ego boost from "Isn't she amazing? And she's mine!"

I mean, what changed with her is, she got married...so maybe it's his idea, not hers? Or maybe she told him she always wanted to do whatever but was afraid of how she might be judged and he encouraged her to just do it, if she always wanted to. Maybe he is more secure about this sort of thing than she, on her own, ever was?

Or maybe she was super "prudish" or modest before, because someone had told her she had to be that way to get a decent mate, rather than a guy just trying to use you for sex...lots of women are raised with such messages, you know?...and now that she's got someone, she no longer has to keep up the "good girl" act if she doesn't want to.

You would never really know why she changed unless you asked her though. However, I advise if you do, you leave words like "prude" and "flaunting" at the door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology