Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 08:45 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,867,115 times

Advertisements

OP, your thread asks a good question. Maybe you could ask a mod to move it to the Psychology subforum (?), and it will receive the kind of traffic it should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2021, 04:28 PM

453 posts, read 121,413 times
What made me happy today was getting my car into the repair shop early to get fixed and also a diet coke. Doesn't take much to make me smile!

Old 09-19-2021, 03:45 AM

Last thing that made me smile was a post on Facebook but can't recall what it was now...lol...oh heck, I'm in the doledrums right now so it may be awhile again before something makes me smile...

Old 09-24-2021, 09:18 PM

Finding some new music on youtube made me smile today.

Old 09-25-2021, 12:56 PM

9,520 posts, read 5,319,335 times
I said hi to the little girl in the changing room at the pool today (she was with her Mom) and I asked her about swimming. She got on the bench with her legs hanging off one end and her upper half hanging off the other and showed me what she learned today. OMG. It was seriously the most precious think I have seen (and felt) in a long time!! she was so happy telling me about it. Her name was Aster....like the flower.

Old 09-25-2021, 01:45 PM

12,804 posts, read 15,078,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinepurple View Post
I really was happy with the wonderful day we had here weather-wise. It's not in the 80s any more and not humid either. It was about 74 and with a really nice breeze.

It was a great night and a good walk with my dog this evening. A neighbor even gave me some tomatoes! Nothing better than home grown tomatoes!

Nice thread! I also love it when the weather's nice & cool! Ideally, I love high 60s to 70s temps. I like the rain too...have since I was a child in which it was my fave weather then.

Honestly, I smile, laugh, & am happy about something EVERYDAY. It could be something funny my fiance' did or something we're talking about, something funny my Mom & I were talking about, something funny on TV/movie (even if I've seen it before because there are LOTS of funny scenes we like), etc. Back when my dog was still alive, it would have also been something funny he did.

Basically, I can laugh & be happy about the simple things in life. I'm happy on a cozy day at home w/ my fiance' just the two of us.

Old 09-25-2021, 02:21 PM

11,122 posts, read 6,710,869 times
Watching the birds bathing in the condo pool! Such a joy to watch. Other birds dive-bomb the pool to catch a beakful on the fly. We have so many wonderful birds and I think part of it is the ready availability of fresh water for them to drink and bathe.

Particular joy is the great white herons who stalk for tiny critters in the greenery.

Our comical little sand bubbler crabs and their antics always make me smile. Occasionally they "fight" (harmlessly) and try to get into each other's holes which is always amusing.

Old 09-25-2021, 02:22 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,238,718 times
I loved doing my yoga class outdoors today. Like others have said, I find joy every day - or it finds me, not sure which but it's not a difficult state for me to find myself in.

I especially love the antics of my puppy. Just watching her sleep makes me smile!

Old 09-25-2021, 02:41 PM

932 posts, read 503,140 times
My stepson watching football with me last Sunday and getting excited about it. Wow, maybe the last time I smiled. Rough week.

Old 09-25-2021, 03:57 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,626,028 times
I had a nice visit today from my daughter and her boyfriend, we smiled many times, we laughed a bunch of times. But a couple days ago I read something online, (not this site) and it made me belly laugh really hard for a few minutes. I think there is something physically curing as well as mentally healing about belly laughs. I don't even remember what it was, it doesn't matter. The cure in this life is laughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology