Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 05:45 PM

8,047 posts, read 10,638,176 times

Advertisements

I am not creeped out by dolls and clowns.

I am, however, creeped out by people who collect dolls and clowns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2021, 10:07 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Dolls, some, especially if they look like Chucky, regular looking dolls not really. Now clowns, someone mentioned that they seemed sad, that was my feeling in the early days, I wasn't a fan them, but, more so thought most seemed sad. Now, I think of them like in the following even though its a funny take on a horror movie clown. BTW, I love Chocho's videos period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m4oSJjcyeU

Old 10-01-2021, 11:21 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,440,184 times
I'm glad I'm not alone in not liking mimes. I had one follow me in Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco a long time ago. Ugh.

Old 10-02-2021, 05:17 AM

4,621 posts, read 2,224,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Even as a little kid, I found both creepy and never wanted a doll, or a clown, real or toy.

My toys were model horses and Tinker-toys.

I don't think I am alone in this....(note all the horror movies featuring dolls and/or clowns)
When I was growing up my grandmother made porcelain dolls, and she was a fantastic artist the paint looks like skin I don't know what she did to get that hair just right but the eyes always creeped me out. Some boxes of disembodied adult horses and arms and legs and their bottom neck it was the dead eyes.

Old 10-02-2021, 06:38 AM

449 posts, read 251,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I am not creeped out by dolls, or clowns.

Dolls are simply playthings to me. Clowns are simply people dressed in funny costumes.
Same here. As long as the doll/clown/mannequin/dummy/mime doesn't look creepy. If they are, I'm not intimidated, just turned off.

I guess the original "It" movie made creepy clowns "cool", which to me has ruined the institution of the clown/mime.

All that said, I've always enjoyed the antics (on and off the "Krusty Show" set) of Krusty on "The Simpsons".

Old 10-02-2021, 09:23 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
If I had a problem with dolls and clowns, I would have to find a new line of work.
Why? Do you work at ToyRUs?

Old 10-02-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
I'm glad I'm not alone in not liking mimes. I had one follow me in Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco a long time ago. Ugh.
I don't find mimes "creepy" like clowns, but I sure don't like them.

Old 10-02-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
When I was in college, I took my girlfriend to a mansion that had been turned into a museum. We were walking along, checking out the various displays, but when she stepped into a room, she immediately screamed and ran back out. The room was filled with the extensive doll collection of someone who had once lived there, and it turned out that my girlfriend was deathly afraid of dolls. I had not known that before that moment. She never told me why she was afraid of them, and in fact she did not want to talk about it at all. But I learned to never give her a doll as a present or even take her somewhere where she was likely to see them.
Now this is quite a story. It would be fascinating to know what set her off about dolls. What the history was.

How could you know when you might come across a random doll???

Old 10-02-2021, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg1963 View Post
"Apparently France is facing a bizarre crisis of fake clowns terrorizing its citizens. Pranksters dressed up as scary clowns have been causing problems on the streets, scaring children and the general population, sometimes while armed with pistols, knives, or bats, and sometimes beating people up. As a result, the village of Vendargues in southern France has put into place a ban on anyone wearing a clown costume"
Oh, maybe that is the story on clown-banning that I read. Good for that French town.

Old 10-02-2021, 02:20 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Oh, maybe that is the story on clown-banning that I read. Good for that French town.
Is this happening ago, as I remember it was some 7 or 8 years ago that happened. Hope those clown head fools haven't come out into the streets again. The US had issues as well some years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology