Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 05:20 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,116,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
Another addition to the 'pile' that is my wretched existence. You most likely will not understand.

And let's not mollify anything... there are some absolutely haughty and hateful people there. Over there, the most popular 'sport' is called Kicking Them While They're Down.
You have to keep something in mind. Those people aren't your friends. They are complete strangers on an anonymous forum. Some are earnestly trying their best to give you helpful advice, and some don't give a rat's ass either way. You are expecting way too much from people who don't even know you, let alone care about you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2021, 05:36 PM

1,483 posts, read 684,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modest View Post
You have to keep something in mind. Those people aren't your friends. They are complete strangers on an anonymous forum. Some are earnestly trying their best to give you helpful advice, and some don't give a rat's ass either way. You are expecting way too much from people who don't even know you, let alone care about you.
But they are friends with each other... a grand party from which I am excluded... and who are hateful towards anyone who wants to join. And REALLY vile towards LGBTQ people.

Oh well... hate has always existed... and always will. Oh well... back to reading my 4/12/1968 edition of LIFE... a sobering throwback to hate that still exists today. No-one's learned a single damn thing.

Old 10-06-2021, 05:42 PM

Quote:
But they are friends with each other... a grand party from which I am excluded... and who are hateful towards anyone who wants to join. And REALLY vile towards LGBTQ people.

Oh well... hate has always existed... and always will. Oh well... back to reading my 4/12/1968 edition of LIFE... a sobering throwback to hate that still exists today. No-one's learned a single damn thing.
If you feel that way about the culture of this forum, then why are you here? For instance, I wouldn't got to a Neo-Nazi meet & greet and expect them to embrace some of my more progressive stances. If you think it's that bad, I'd try out another platform. Reddit might be a better fit; they tend to have a much broader audience who also tend to be more progressive minded.

Old 10-06-2021, 05:45 PM

Quote:
If you feel that way about the culture of this forum, then why are you here? For instance, I wouldn't got to a Neo-Nazi meet & greet and expect them to embrace some of my more progressive stances. If you think it's that bad, I'd try out another platform. Reddit might be a better fit; they tend to have a much broader audience who also tend to be more progressive minded.
My apologies for looking to 'belong' somewhere... anywhere.

Thanks for your support... greatly appreciated.

Old 10-06-2021, 05:51 PM

Quote:
My apologies for looking to 'belong' somewhere... anywhere.

Thanks for your support... greatly appreciated.
I hope you find what you're looking for. That's why I suggested alternative options. Best of luck!

Happy to listen.

Old 10-06-2021, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I hope you find what you're looking for. That's why I suggested alternative options. Best of luck!

Happy to listen.
So this site is a place that is infested with hate for alternative and controversial viewpoints then?

If so, good to know.

Milesker!

Old 10-06-2021, 06:20 PM

Quote:
So this site is a place that is infested with hate for alternative and controversial viewpoints then?

If so, good to know.

Milesker!
Not everyone, obviously. But there are some for sure.

Old 10-06-2021, 06:57 PM

6,868 posts, read 4,870,251 times
There are bad people in this world, but also decent and compassionate people. I think most people are overall decent. Maybe we see what we want to see. OP, if you are depressed and unhappy, seek professional help. I don't think the people here are capable of helping you. The internet is not a good place to take problems.

Old 10-06-2021, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
There are bad people in this world, but also decent and compassionate people. I think most people are overall decent. Maybe we see what we want to see. OP, if you are depressed and unhappy, seek professional help. I don't think the people here are capable of helping you. The internet is not a good place to take problems.
We should be able to speak without being squashed by a sledgehammer... then again, my apologies, my inner idealism is coming out to play again.

Some people, it seems, are threatened by that. Not really any different from toxic hateful 'masculinists' who feel 'threatened' by femboys such as myself. Oh, the irony...

Old 10-06-2021, 07:18 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,734,097 times
Quote:
I mean, really? Why would anyone want to live in this hellhole called 'life on Earth'? We cannot 'take it with us', as they say, so why the hell 'do it'? Why go on and on and on? Why drive ourselves into the ground with work, relationships, whatever... what, to be like everyone else? What value is there in any of it? And anything you do anyway is never good enough for anyone else.

Sometimes... I wish I was aborted. Thanks, Mom, nice going!
Every single living thing will experience it. Seems like a pretty generic experience to me. I.e., death is nothing special. It deserves reverence, but neither glorification nor haste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology