Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 10:04 AM

16 posts, read 9,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
Why is it disturbing to be resentful towards younger couples? You shouldn't be resentful towards anyone, especially towards people who have done nothing to you.
because i'm jealous and resent them because they got to grow up a youth, a life, which i will never experience, that i will never have, my current relationship shouldn't count because of the age i met her at, being in love when your young, in your formative years, taking those steps in the world with a member of the opposite sex, that fun experimental time

Old 01-09-2022, 10:04 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Do you feel as if you could harm others, OP? You seem irrationally angry.

Old 01-09-2022, 10:07 AM

1,483 posts, read 683,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaegerPilot2099 View Post
because i'm jealous and resent them because they got to grow up a youth, a life, which i will never experience, that i will never have, my current relationship shouldn't count because of the age i met her at, being in love when your young, in your formative years, taking those steps in the world with a member of the opposite sex, that fun experimental time
But you cannot change the past, it's dead and gone forever so why fixate on it instead of what you have NOW?

Does your girlfriend know about any of this?

Old 01-09-2022, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
if someone makes rude or obscene comments to me, makes fun of me, i feel the urge to yes, even though i've never been the one to instigate a fight with someone, only been in like 1 fight in my life back in middle school, but ya i have sometimes thought about taking my own life, so i don't harm anyone else.

Old 01-09-2022, 10:11 AM

Quote:
But you cannot change the past, it's dead and gone forever so why fixate on it instead of what you have NOW?

Does your girlfriend know about any of this?
thanks for rubbing it in, no i haven't really spoken to her about this, and i am considering breaking up with her, so that way she doesn't suffer any abuse, i don't want any harm to come to her. I don't get it, why do people bother continuing to date or have sexual relationships into their 30s, 40s, 50s and beyond? why is it never too late? i remember one person said, because theres no evidence to the contrary, i get very mad when she said that.

In my life i have hated being born male due to how men are always expected to make the first move and take the lead, be the initiators, but that will never change, and i feel that status-quo is why far more men than women end up being late bloomers, yet people and society think we men have the better end of the stick.

Old 01-09-2022, 10:14 AM

Quote:
thanks for rubbing it in, no i haven't really spoken to her about this, and i am considering breaking up with her, so that way she doesn't suffer any abuse, i don't want any harm to come to her.
Sorry, but not sorry, that is just reality calling...

You have way too much going on so the suggestion to get to a therapist is the best - and only - valid advice you will get from here. This board is not qualified to provide the treatment you need.

Old 01-09-2022, 10:17 AM

why do people always say there is no age-cap or age-limit on love, dating/relationships? i feel there has to be a logical reason for that, i just envy and hate, jealous of people so much who got to have a serious relationship before i did, i'll never be normal, so i feel i should just break up and remain forever single.

Old 01-09-2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
thanks for rubbing it in, no i haven't really spoken to her about this, and i am considering breaking up with her, so that way she doesn't suffer any abuse, i don't want any harm to come to her. I don't get it, why do people bother continuing to date or have sexual relationships into their 30s, 40s, 50s and beyond? why is it never too late? i remember one person said, because theres no evidence to the contrary, i get very mad when she said that.

In my life i have hated being born male due to how men are always expected to make the first move and take the lead, be the initiators, but that will never change, and i feel that status-quo is why far more men than women end up being late bloomers, yet people and society think we men have the better end of the stick.
Well, FWIW, I was a 'late bloomer' too - I chucked my beanie at age 20. But I don't go around being mad at the world because many others chucked their beanies before I did.

You need to get yourself sorted out ASAP.

Old 01-09-2022, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Well, FWIW, I was a 'late bloomer' too - I chucked my beanie at age 20. But I don't go around being mad at the world because many others chucked their beanies before I did.

You need to get yourself sorted out ASAP.
well even if i do go to a therapist, a therapist won't make me younger, so i figure just to resign myself out of the dating world forever and break up with my current girlfriend, ya i've always hated with a huge passion, on how a guys social-skills or the way he talks, behaves, certain social behaviors, because being confident, having confidence or knowing how to lead, take the lead, are all social behavior or behavioral based things, and figuring that stuff out is very hard with autism.

Reminds me, i hate the movie The 40-Year Old Virgin, only saw it once and vowed to never see it again, i thought i was gonna end up that way, sometimes i still feel that way, even though i was definetley not by 40, i was later than the norm obviously, people say the movie is an insult to people who have not had sex by the time they've reached 25. The tagline from the movie "better late than never", makes me mad, and thats a popular quote in life.

Honestly, i feel somethings in life are not worth experiencing at a later age.

Old 01-09-2022, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
i have always hated how society says to guys, men, phrases such as "don't be a *****, or man up, grow a pair, grow some balls, be a man", it literally makes me feel like punching a guy in the face for telling me that, literally makes me feel like wanting to beat him up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology