Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2022, 11:48 AM

7,649 posts, read 4,606,610 times

Advertisements

It sounds horrible, but really it's not. She has her own home she can go to at any time. She comes home currently at all hours....makes a mess....leaves. Doesn't talk to her own child (stepdaughter to me). Nothing preempted this. To me it was she couldn't have an unemployed husband (that was 2 months and I knew it was coming).....and am making very nice money again. To the kid it was that I don't take care of myself....again, not really true. I go to the gym several times a week now and yes, I'm a terrible cook.

The point isn't to win to get her back. For a couple of months she was straight up cruel to us both...and she's supposed to be in charge of her Uncle's care and she's moving him from a home he likes to an unknown so he doesn't spend all of HIS money. (that she's set to inherit) i realized that is EXACTLY what will happen to me.

Having formerly been the control freak of the family, the kid and I both....rebelled in a way. Now we just want her gone and to take her massive truckloads of crap with her.

So I'm not kicking her out on the street penniless. Far from it. She'll drive off in her Tesla X with a low miles late Lexus she can sell. Has a fully rented property of her own. Master closets full of Gucci, Prada, LV, Chanel and a jewelry box most would envy....and she'll have a nice big check. But I can't leave the house...and I can't force her out. The kid wants to stay. I don't want another partner....I just want the stupidity to end.

Granted....maybe she wasn't thinking it was hard to get the genie back into the lamp, but it's out now....and neither the kid nor me want back in.

Old 10-16-2022, 11:54 AM

7,139 posts, read 4,552,321 times
Ask your divorce lawyer.

Old 10-16-2022, 12:50 PM

23,310 posts, read 18,865,187 times
Didn't completely understand your OP. What does your divorce decree state about either of you leaving this home and when? Without knowing the stipulations and agreements you've reached in your settlement how can strangers comment? You may not be able to force her to do anything until a certain date.

Old 10-16-2022, 01:06 PM

24,590 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Discuss it with your attorney. Can you legally change the locks at this stage? Will you and DD be able to deal with what happens once you do so?

You say "she comes home".

Old 10-16-2022, 01:11 PM

6,873 posts, read 4,873,766 times
I'd suggest the first thing you do is file for divorce. How things are split, who has whatever rights will depend on the state you live in.

In a perfect world you could just change the locks and pack up her stuff.

Old 10-16-2022, 07:21 PM

44,369 posts, read 20,073,157 times
OP, consult with your attorney.

This thread is off-topic for the Psychology forum. Thread closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology