Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2011, 10:40 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcozad1 View Post
There was no place to hide !!! When we came around the corner by Punta Gorda the lightening was striking all over and extremly close. Then at the ramp I was standing in knee deep water cranking the boat on the trailer and it hit so close the thunder was at the same time.Then into the jeep with no doors or windows it was a wild time. And I am at work. Just got done cutting 60 lbs of grouper and 35 lbs of mahi now I am eating some scallops for lunch. I actually get a day off tomorrow. first one in a long time.
Next week I'll be here, and maybe we can go out, and catch up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 11:09 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,004,461 times
Quote:
There was no place to hide !!! When we came around the corner by Punta Gorda the lightening was striking all over and extremly close.
No place to hide?? Pat, there are 3 or 4 canal entrances in PG that have bridges where you can take cover. The quickest is probably Bass inlet next to Fisherman's Vilage.
Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

Old 09-20-2011, 03:33 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,778,590 times
Pat,
What/where is your restaurant. With that kind of seafare being served, I'd love to give it a try.
What do you serve for fish/chips? If CD terms of service won't let you give the name, at least PM it to me.

All,
I'm spending the week working in VA Beach/Norfolk/Newport News/Richmond. Flying back to RSW late Thursday night. Wishin' I was fishin'.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:48 AM

463 posts, read 867,184 times
Caught a nice grouper in the harbor the other day. 24" close to ten pounds.
It hit a spanish Sardine in twelve foot of water.It was funny because I had a bite and pulled the bait away and he followed it all the way back to the boat which grouper don't nomally do. I dropped it again and in about two minutes my new penn slammer was screaming. He quit fighting about ten foot from the boat and went in the net the first try. He was cooked blackened style with a cajun ranch sauce for dipping.Earlier in the day my wife caught two nice reds both 21 inches a small snook and a bunch of small mangos. I only caught on trout and the grouper.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:02 PM

493 posts, read 1,387,009 times
Quote:
Caught a nice grouper in the harbor the other day. 24" close to ten pounds.
It hit a spanish Sardine in twelve foot of water.It was funny because I had a bite and pulled the bait away and he followed it all the way back to the boat which grouper don't nomally do. I dropped it again and in about two minutes my new penn slammer was screaming. He quit fighting about ten foot from the boat and went in the net the first try. He was cooked blackened style with a cajun ranch sauce for dipping.Earlier in the day my wife caught two nice reds both 21 inches a small snook and a bunch of small mangos. I only caught on trout and the grouper.

Still a good day though! Nice grouper, bet it tasted good! See ya soon, moving in less than 9 days!

Old 09-26-2011, 07:55 AM

462 posts, read 1,707,730 times
I was out with a Capt./guide friend on Friday and we were fly fishing for mackerel and bonito. They were crashing bait all around us...it was like the water was boiling there was so much activity. It was a blast! Bonito are super fun on a fly and any kind of tuna will give you a good fight! Here is a picture of my friend holding the first bonito I caught that day. I had the good camera and didn't want his fishy, saltwater fingers using it so I took the photo!

Old 09-26-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyflyfsh View Post
I was out with a Capt./guide friend on Friday and we were fly fishing for mackerel and bonito. They were crashing bait all around us...it was like the water was boiling there was so much activity. It was a blast! Bonito are super fun on a fly and any kind of tuna will give you a good fight! Here is a picture of my friend holding the first bonito I caught that day. I had the good camera and didn't want his fishy, saltwater fingers using it so I took the photo!

Great fish! I hope to be back and out on the water soon!

Old 09-27-2011, 05:47 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,965,150 times
Getting ready for our househunting trip (and Great Harbor Throwdown?) at the end of October. A couple of houses on our list are on the PGI perimeter canal. I guess that makes for good fishing/crabbing right off your dock, but are there a lot more mosquitoes and no-seeums that close to the mangroves? Also, somebody commented that the small Alligator Creek connector near the corner of Almar Dr at the south end of the perimeter canal is navigable in the right boat, but I wonder if that was just at high tide? It looks like pretty thin water on Google Maps.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:10 AM

463 posts, read 867,184 times
Went out yesterday ( in the rain ) Harbor was a little rough so we fished 41 bridge with no luck. Then we headed in to ponce outlet. Caught two flounder. One about two pounds and the second one had to be close to four pounds.They were tucked up in the mangroves. I will post some pics when we get comcast hooked up.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:56 AM

Hey Foxy, When are you going to be here? We all agreed to a little fishing trip this month. I'd like to begin pencilling it in, and coordinating with some of our boating chaps here. I know MA, and HH are in, and pcozad1 is in - if he gets fired, or gets a doctor's note, or his wife lets him, or he doesn't over sleep, or isn't hung over, or {well I could go on and on, but he's my friend so I won't} {but I will razz him if he doesn't go} .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte