Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 06:49 AM

1,721 posts, read 2,787,772 times

Advertisements

When i left nee hampshire. I sold everything. Even some tool. I kept the tools of my trade. Bought a 18' trailor stuffed it full slong sith important stuff like tvs. Pcs. And things i realy wanted. But was i overlaoded still.
I had to unload 1/2 in ct in a storage place. And have it delevered. That was a wayste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 07:48 PM

95 posts, read 219,542 times
We moved to the Fort Myers area from Dayton Ohio last July and haven't looked back. The summers here are hot and it rains just about every day in the afternoon. I miss the food choices we had in Ohio. Definitely not a variety of restaurants here just national chains. That is we haven't found yet. We enjoy the area and you can't beat the weather in the winter.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:27 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,889,568 times
swim, you need to look a little harder to find the great restaurants around. Or read the restaurant review threads that are common on here and on the Sarasota forum. Do you have a smart phone? I've found GREAT places while just driving around by using the "Local" option on the map app.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:34 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,696,311 times
I would suggest that when you plan your new home you have the builder design some useable attic space for storage. Storage is at a premium here. My friend built a home where he had the builder leave a space available for storage where the attic was accessable in the garage. Our attics are filled with so many support cross beams that there is no usable space unless it is planned. My attic is useless for storage, but my friend has a 10'x10' area that gives him some nice storage.

I wish I had planned bigger closets too.

Good luck with your new home.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:45 PM

378 posts, read 629,554 times
I have noticed that the furniture that was totally appropriate in the North tends to looks out of place in Florida; too dark, too heavy and generally too bulky. To me, Florida is pushing open the sliders and living 'outdoors' and furnishings that are light and airy add to the tropical feeling.
We arrived with one rug and a few boxes and within a few months the house was furnished from garage sales and bargain hunting. Easy and fun to do.
I will add that the idea of 'attic storage' in Florida is a new one to me. Unless it is made of metal whatever you put up there won't last long in the 140 degree heat. However, I do agree that finding a house with enough storage is an issue in Florida, especially inside storage as opposed to using the garage.
Welcome to the area, Roman 1, and I hope you love your new house and Florida living.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:43 PM

697 posts, read 1,170,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsky View Post
I will add that the idea of 'attic storage' in Florida is a new one to me. Unless it is made of metal whatever you put up there won't last long in the 140 degree heat.
This is another good reason to use sprayfoam in the attic and turn it into a sealed attic..making it conditioned space !

Old 04-05-2013, 08:22 AM

378 posts, read 629,554 times
Oh, I remember you said you were having that done in your house, Army Chief. How did the installation go? Sounds as if you are pleased with it.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:16 AM

697 posts, read 1,170,390 times
Lol....I'm still waiting it was supposed to be in a few weeks, but I needed to move the date due to work. Then the dates opened up, now the contractor may have filled those dates. May have to wait till May.

I have no doubts on its effectiveness, as I've done all the research and had a new Manual J run on my house with the SprayFoam. It will decrease my AC tonnage by an half ton. New AC will be installed in a few months.

Thanks

Old 04-05-2013, 04:43 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,787,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmy40 View Post
We moved to the Fort Myers area from Dayton Ohio last July and haven't looked back. The summers here are hot and it rains just about every day in the afternoon. I miss the food choices we had in Ohio. Definitely not a variety of restaurants here just national chains. That is we haven't found yet. We enjoy the area and you can't beat the weather in the winter.
when I first got here it was ghot in the summer now I look sorward to the summer after 9 years. I had says in new Hampshire if it was hight fortys I was riding my sled on the lake in sneakers and a flannel shirt then I hopped on my motorcycle for a spin. now if it get below 60 im cold
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte