Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 06:49 AM

90 posts, read 130,554 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone,
I have tried to search for this topic in the Port Charlotte/P.G. area,
and didn't have much luck, so here goes.

We have a terribly spoiled, active, energetic 18 month old Female Golden Retriever.
I have been taking her on occasion to Camp Bow Wow over on Toledo Blade for daycare.
It's a bit different than the daycare she attended in Ohio.

The reason she attends daycare is I had recent rotator cuff surgery and sometimes, she has a mind of her own(?) and pulls.

My husband and I are going on a 12 day trip starting on December 11th, and I am trying to find somewhere where I'll be comfortable leaving Bridget Bardot....(she's blond...lol)

I called Towles in P.G. but the dogs that board there do not have all day access to daycare, they just let them out to play, like twice a day.

Actually, I'm not sure, but I think I feel more secure boarding her, and not at a private owners home.
Although the alternative is, I feel she'll have more attention with a private sitter, and have less chance for injury, with less dogs.

I'm in a pickle here.......but I have time.....

Thanks for any input.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 07:02 AM

70 posts, read 120,425 times
Try Fur to Feathers Pet Sitters. The owners are Lesley and Greg Baber and they are wonderful with animals. Check out their website at Fur To Feathers Pet Sitting in Port Charlotte & North Port Florida.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:59 AM

535 posts, read 1,032,158 times
Camp BowWow also boards dogs we have had our dog there for day care and the personell are the greatest. We will be boarding her there in November

Old 08-23-2013, 10:02 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,552,117 times
My parents always watch my dog and I watch theirs. It has been hard to find a dog sitter. I used to have my neighbor teenage boy do it, but now he is away in college. I picked up a couple of things at a pet show: Fur to Feathers - Fur To Feathers Pet Sitting in Port Charlotte & North Port Florida and Mark and Mary Pet Sitting - pet sitting. I have never used them or known of anyone who used them. But I am sure they could give you references to call.

I recently joined the Gulf Coast Golden Retriever Rescue. Next time I meet with them I will ask around who they use or recommend for a pet sitter.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:25 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,152,641 times
is that link right

HOME - COASTAL PETS - Pet Sitting - Port Charlotte/North Port/Punta Gorda (and surrounding areas)

works for me...heard they are a good company :-)

Old 08-26-2013, 09:38 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,696,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
is that link right

HOME - COASTAL PETS - Pet Sitting - Port Charlotte/North Port/Punta Gorda (and surrounding areas)

works for me...heard they are a good company :-)

Thanks MR&MRS. Yours is correct and mine was a dead link.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:30 PM

5,175 posts, read 4,947,721 times
I know Coast Pet Sitting will also give sub-q fluids to a pet (we have a cat with kidney failure that requires fluids every second day) which is not something all pet sitters will do.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:37 PM

142 posts, read 204,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
I know Coastal Pet Sitting will also give sub-q fluids to a pet (we have a cat with kidney failure that requires fluids every second day) which is not something all pet sitters will do.

Thank you guys.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:08 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,552,117 times
Most of the people in the Gulf Coast Golden Retriever Rescue either have a family member, friend or use each other for dog sitting. They don't really use a service. So, I can't really recommend anyone. I use my parents or our neighbor.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:55 AM

90 posts, read 130,554 times
Thank you for all your suggestions...
I'm pretty sure we're going to board with camp Bow-Wow.
She goes there once a week, and has become quite familiar with everyone there,
and they are so nice.

When I mention Camp B.W. to her now, she jumps and dances all around the room, so I'm leaning that direction.

BUT still keeping my options open.......................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte