Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2013, 09:30 AM

2 posts, read 14,356 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are looking to move in the Punta Gorda area. We are active and like socializing and want to live in an over 55 gated community. So far we have it narrowed to Kings Gate and Seminole Lakes. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of both places? Which is better?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 03:07 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,548,914 times
I know people who live in both and I have sold homes in both communities. The locations are totally different. It depends if you want to be closer to the city of Port Charlotte in Kings Gate or if you want to be closer to the city of Punta Gorda in Seminole Lakes. Both are gated golf communities and everyone I know that lives in both like it there. Kings Gate is a 55+ community and Seminole Lakes is not. Kings Gate HOA fees are $270 per month. Seminole Lakes HOA fees are $113 per month or higher depending on location within the community. Prices of homes are less expensive in Kings Gate.

Kings Gate is a 55+ gated, golf community in Port Charlotte, FL. Even though the mailing address is Punta Gorda, it is not in Punta Gorda. It is conveniently located near I-75 off of exit 170 on Kings Highway. It is close to shopping, restaurants, medical facilities, and more.

Kings Gate offers a wide variety of activities in addition to the 18-hole executive golf course such as billiards, softball, bridge, dancing, water aerobics, fitness, bocce court, library, craft room, lawn bowling, lighted clay tennis courts, pro shop, 30,000 square foot clubhouse, heated Olympic size pool and spa, and an on-site restaurant offering lunch and dinner. The restaurant is open to the public. Most of the people in the community motor around on their golf carts rather than driving their car.

The community even has their own year round activities coordinator. They play cards; have pot lucks, dances, socials, excursions, chorus, clubs, lectures and more. It is a casual, relaxing place to live. Even though it is a 55+ community, grandkids are always welcome to visit.

The community offers many home choices from 1,300 square foot to 2,000 square foot single family homes and golf villas. There is still time to build with some vacant lots available. Go to the sales center within the community and they would be happy to show you around. All of the homes have public water and sewer as well as underground utilities and lawn irrigation. Ground maintenance is included in the homeowner association fees. Most of the homes have 2 or 3 bedrooms, a garage and some have a golf cart garage. If you don’t plan to purchase a home, there are seasonal rentals available.

The Kings Gate Golf Club has annual and seasonal membership packages. They have a practice putting green, private and clinic golf lessons, rental golf clubs, golf leagues, and tournaments. Non-members can also golf. It is open to the public and all abilities are welcome to play.

To find out more information about this community and see photos you can go to their web site at:
http://www.kingsgatehomes.com/

The only negative I see about Kings Gate is that the driveways are not very long in most of the homes.

Seminole Lakes is located in south Punta Gorda, FL off of US 41 and 3 miles to I-75. It is situated on approximately 250 acres of land that offers low maintenance single family home living in a park-like setting. It is a much sought-after community that is gated and guarded 24/7. It is only a few minutes from downtown and historic Punta Gorda and Fishermen’s Village. Both offer fine shopping, dining, and spacious parks with vistas and wide open water as well as a bike and walking paths around the city.

Seminole Lakes offers resort-style amenities such as an 18-hole executive semi-private golf course with pro shop, club house, restaurant, in-ground heated pool, fitness center, and clay and hard court tennis courts. The Tennis Center offers special clay court memberships and many tennis related activities during the year. There is a tiki hut at the pool where many activities are held. The exercise room, lending library and a small kitchen surround the community pool. The roads are paved and private. The community offers public water and sewer, underground utilities, tree-lined streets, wide sidewalks and street lamps.

Golf membership is not required for Seminole Lakes’ residents. The 18-hole course features 4,525 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 62. The course rating is 60.7 and it has a slope rating of 95. Information on Seminole Lakes Country Club can be obtained on their web site at: http://www.seminolelakes.net/index.htm. The clubhouse offers lunch and special events such as weddings and business meetings. The dining area seats up to 120 people and includes a dance floor. There is also a private dining area as well as a full service liquor bar and an outdoor covered seating area.

This lively and idyllic community of just fewer than 500 well cared for homes offers single family homes in the price ranges of $157,000 to over $375,000. There are two to three bedroom models with lanais, garages and meticulously landscaped lawns. Some of the homes back up to one of the eight lakes or the golf course where you will see some of Florida’s most beautiful birds and wildlife. Many of the homes also offer a third car garage for parking your golf cart or a private pool in your own backyard. Residents often ride around the community in their golf carts. The homeowner association fee includes landscape mowing, the maintenance of private roads, the guard house and the community pool. The owner is responsible for shrubbery care.

Seminole Lakes Property Owners Association is managed by Star Hospitality Management, Inc., 26530 Mallard Way, Punta Gorda, FL 33950. The office hours are Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. The office phone number is 941-575-6764. The email is
star@sunletter.comThe homeowner association web site with the rules and regulations, by-laws, covenants, articles of incorporation, swimming pool rules, calendar of events, board meeting minutes, photos, and more can be found at: http://slccfl.com/

Old 09-18-2013, 05:13 AM

2 posts, read 14,356 times
Thank you for your help.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:19 PM

90 posts, read 130,488 times
My husband and I looked at homes before we bought in Port Charlotte, we looked specifically in Kings gate, and thought that's where we would like to be.

After looking at the homes there, we discovered, some homes, if you sit in your lanai, you are facing the side of someones home, or a Golf Course. Perhaps the Golf course wouldn't be so bad, but the side of someone's house wasn't so appealing.

Also, sit outside there in the evening.
Being between 75 and King's HWY, I do believe it would make for a noisy type of ambiance.
Altho' we are all getting OLDER, and maybe noise won't be so important in a few years....hahaha

Did you look at Peppertree estates?
Gated community, nice, close to the YW/YMCA, where there is LOTS to do!

We did buy, in Port Charlotte, and closed last May, and moved down for year round in August, and we are LOVING every minute of this beautiful city, with all the wonderful, nice, generous people.

Good luck on the house hunting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte