Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 11:50 AM

325 posts, read 510,201 times

Advertisements

Has anyone here had a problem with Enterprise Car Rental? I haven't used them in several years and have heard that they have tried to pressure people into buying their insurance and other charges lately, even damage that was already on the vehicle but not noted during the inspection.
I want to use them for the pickup and drop off services.

thanks
Clint
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 02:45 PM

518 posts, read 1,235,381 times
They are all getting that way. They just want more profit. I only left a car once in my life without checking it over with a clerk to catch a plane when I was late one time and later got a bill for a whole tank of gas at a sky high rate. I was running late because it took so much time to fill the tank before I dropped it off. They took it off when I sent them the rec. for the gas. But was it a hassle. Now I walk the whole car and snap pictures of everything while the clerk marks his sheet. Including the gas gage coming and going. Between the car and airlines it just isn't a pleasure at all any more to travel.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:08 PM

Thanks .. that's what I figured. It's just sad.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:13 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,477,047 times
Yep, just be real careful with Enterprise. Much more satisfied with Budget, etc.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:05 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,129,123 times
I use Enterprise all the time! I'm also a Hertz Gold Club member. I've found Enterprise to be really helpful, and not pushy at all. When you rent a car size you want, when you walk to the garage, they are flexible in letting you choose from what's available. They walk the car with you and look for any blemishes and make notes. Again I rent cars all the time and they've never tagged me with anything. Great service.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:17 AM

Thanks everyone. I will check in with my results later.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:51 AM

15,106 posts, read 12,295,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dobiedude View Post
Has anyone here had a problem with Enterprise Car Rental? I haven't used them in several years and have heard that they have tried to pressure people into buying their insurance and other charges lately, even damage that was already on the vehicle but not noted during the inspection.
I want to use them for the pickup and drop off services.

thanks
Clint
It's been a few years since I rented a car too, but the last time ( 2011) I think it was with an Enterprise rental agency in Punta Gorda. We didn't have any problems, but I recall noting ( with other rental companies too) over the years that these companies seem to look to add whatever charges they can to car rental contracts. They've always tried to add extra charges even when a renter has his/her own car insurance that will cover the rental car, those charges are supposed to cover the deductible in the event of an accident or damage to the car, or possibly any damages not covered by the renter's car insurance, but these add a hefty charge to the rental. I also noted that in the event of a accident, or damage to the rental car, the rental company states it will also charge "loss of use" days to the renter. Perhaps they always did, but I don't remember ever seeing car rental companies mention this in contracts when I rented cars in the past.

All that said, I've always declined the "deductible coverage" charge, since we have decent car insurance and I have a credit card that pays this anyway if I use it to pay for the car rental, and I've had no hassle from it. And I've always had good service otherwise with Enterprise and Budget, two agencies I have used in the past.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:49 PM

Thanks guys. I picked up my rental (Enterprise) this afternoon. I don't expect any problems because I will be with the guy who checks it over at RSW in the morning. It's just nice to get peoples input since I don't rent cars that much anymore.
I have always liked the idea of a veteran owned company and was treated great when I rented from them in the past.
I must say I believe they make a killing on gas. I always put much more back in that I use, JIC.

Clint

Old 07-29-2014, 05:59 PM

15,106 posts, read 12,295,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dobiedude View Post
Thanks guys. I picked up my rental (Enterprise) this afternoon. I don't expect any problems because I will be with the guy who checks it over at RSW in the morning. It's just nice to get peoples input since I don't rent cars that much anymore.
I have always liked the idea of a veteran owned company and was treated great when I rented from them in the past.
I must say I believe they make a killing on gas. I always put much more back in that I use, JIC.

Clint
Yep, unless you fill up the tank yourself just before you return the car, they make a hefty little profit on that gas- I think I saw they charged about $8/gallon or something like that.

Enterprise also used to bring your rental car to your location, if you wanted them to do that. Maybe they still do.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:24 PM

Yes TL they will come and get you if you rent from them. This is a nice feature.
What they do now is record the fuel in the car when you pick it up then they want you to bring it back to them at the same level on the gauge, which is not possible.
They currently charge $5.25 per gallon if you bring it back with less.

Clint
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte