Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 09:18 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,273,662 times

Advertisements

Stills from the tape are ON FACE BOOK..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 11:35 AM

1,721 posts, read 2,787,772 times
is there a link to a FB page?

Old 11-07-2015, 11:41 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,477 times
PUNTA GORDA, FL -
Punta Gorda police this morning have released surveillance images captured inside a 7-Eleven on the night a store employee was killed.

Police also searched a house early Saturday in connection with the case.

The surveillance images show a suspect dressed in black, wearing camouflage pants and carrying a gasoline container inside the store.

Police and fire responded to the 7-Eleven at Bal Harbor Boulevard and Aqui Esta Drive shortly after 3 a.m. on Nov. 1, when a passerby saw smoke coming from the building. Once the fire was extinguished, 18-year-old Kyle Farishian, the clerk, was found dead.

Police ruled his death a homicide, but have not released a cause of death.

Just after midnight today, police searched a home at 2105 Deborah Road, less than a mile from the crime scene. The man at the home did not want to comment on what investigators were looking for, but investigators spent a lot of time in the garage. They also removed several bags from the home.

NBC2 will stay on top of this developing story and bring you updates as we get them.

NBC-2 NEWS

TV TAPED Report here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66DM...ature=youtu.be

Old 11-07-2015, 02:13 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,631,029 times
I'm no expert but after seeing the pictures this was no random killing.

Gary

Old 11-07-2015, 02:24 PM

186 posts, read 213,235 times
From what I see, it appears to be a young white male, probably late teens or twenties who was the perpetrator.

The home that was raided was owned by a young man, according to my research. I won't name names, because I'll assume innocence and not guilt. That's the police and DA's job.

Old 11-07-2015, 02:43 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,273,662 times
As hard as what you said is live, its true.. Thank You... Its become so very easy for us all to broadcast our unqualified amateur opinions, as facts, to the world , because so few people know who we are, and basically no one can, or will hold us accountable for those ranting's ravings and often, untruths we spread, at later dates ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliekristine629 View Post
From what I see, it appears to be a young white male, probably late teens or twenties who was the perpetrator.

The home that was raided was owned by a young man, according to my research. I won't name names, because I'll assume innocence and not guilt. That's the police and DA's job.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:36 AM

I read that a warrant was served for the investigation of the Deborah Drive property. No one was arrested. The search was led by Punta Gorda detectives, and supported by Charlotte County SWAT team. Obviously, they took this search seriously, and were prepared with firepower.

Police emphasized that the general public are not in danger. Does this mean that this was carried out as a one time, purposeful event by the perpetrator? Does it mean that the police are closely following the suspect's movements?

It may be that an arrest is forthcoming after lab tests are conducted...time will tell.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:57 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
that the general public are not in danger.

We will feel and be safer when the perp is arrested.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:01 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,477 times
11/10/2015

Good morning,

The Punta Gorda Police Department Dive Team, with assistance from the dive teams from Charlotte County and Desoto County, will be conducting a dive operation in the area of Bal Harbor Plaza today. The search will also include bloodhounds from the Department of Corrections. This operation is part of the ongoing investigation into the homicide which occurred at 7-Eleven, and the public should not be alarmed.

Info from PG Councilman Tom Cavanaugh

Old 11-12-2015, 07:15 AM

I believe they may be looking for the murder weapon, or mask and clothing. I don't think I heard the police ever confirm if the victim was shot, clubbed or stabbed prior to the fire.

Here is the news report about the divers in the canals adjacent to the store:
7-Eleven homicide investigation shifts to nearby canal - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

As much as the community would love to see an arrest, I hope the authorities don't cave to self induced or public pressure.

I'd rather they get it right, than arrest someone on flimsy circumstantial evidence or a "hot tip". A presumption of innocence is critical to a free society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte