Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 04:40 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,823,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGras View Post
I think you are wrong on that one

The women's soccer has more sponsors more fans and they earn more money for the organization but they are paid less. Not only that but the men's team actually loses money.

This is one lawsuit they are easily going to win

U.S. women soccer players charge pay discrimination - Mar. 31, 2016
I did say "womens" soccer not "US" womens soccers. The comparison is apples to oranges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
In essence he has. Equal pay in military is closer than in most careers. The disparity comes in promotion in large part due to the limited opportunities for women in combat roles. Something Obama has always championed and something the military has been opening up in recent years.
Yes equal pay in the military may be closer, but unfortunately the peanuts they receive does not compensate for the job the do. As far as women in combat roles, some yes, but personally I would rather have a man by my side in hand to hand combat than most women.

Old 04-13-2016, 05:39 AM

493 posts, read 636,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGras View Post
I think you are wrong on that one

The women's soccer has more sponsors more fans and they earn more money for the organization but they are paid less. Not only that but the men's team actually loses money.

This is one lawsuit they are easily going to win

U.S. women soccer players charge pay discrimination - Mar. 31, 2016
I'm all for equal pay but I'd like to see some facts as to how this inequallity is measured. I would expect to see the womens soccer team generate more money then the mens team in a year that they won the championship but how do the revenues and profits compare over time? Did Sam Bradford get paid as much as Peyton Manning last year? If Sam wins the Super Bowl this year (Ha ha just kidding) will his pay go up? Probably will as it should just as the pay for the women that won the soccer championship will. Again, nothing against this cause but it's easy to blow things out of proportion when the details are left out.

Old 04-13-2016, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Ray Mark View Post
I'm all for equal pay but I'd like to see some facts as to how this inequallity is measured. I would expect to see the womens soccer team generate more money then the mens team in a year that they won the championship but how do the revenues and profits compare over time? Did Sam Bradford get paid as much as Peyton Manning last year? If Sam wins the Super Bowl this year (Ha ha just kidding) will his pay go up? Probably will as it should just as the pay for the women that won the soccer championship will. Again, nothing against this cause but it's easy to blow things out of proportion when the details are left out.
I'm sure Gary Google is on it lol

Old 04-13-2016, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Ray Mark View Post
O said equal pay for all genders in all fields, so what is next basketball. How can soccer expect equal pay and not basketball? Who is going to pay for that, because there is no way the dollars support it. I guess lingerie football will be making the same as the NFL as well lmao.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:47 AM

1,917 posts, read 2,631,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
I did say "womens" soccer not "US" womens soccers. The comparison is apples to oranges.
I don't think so because it was the women's US soccer that filed suit this week....I believe that's what the story was about......or I could be wrong...LOL

Old 04-26-2016, 10:58 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,477 times
Default Not guilty plea for 7-Eleven murder suspect

An attorney for Michael Russo -- who's accused of shooting Kyle Farishian and lighting him on fire at a Punta Gorda 7-Eleven last fall -- filed a written not guilty plea on behalf of his client Tuesday.

Russo's next court date is Friday at 9:30 a.m. at the Charlotte County Justice Center. He was denied bond earlier this month.

He is facing arson and murder charges, and an arrest affidavit indicated Russo was accused of trespassing twice at the store where Farishian died and was kicked out both times.

Punta Gorda police said they started receiving tips about Russo's behavior shortly after the murder. But Chief Tom Lewis said evidence needed to be processed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement before an arrest could be made.

"We have been trying very hard to arrest him on a daily basis," Lewis said. "It's been very frustrating waiting for analysis. We're just glad he's in jail. Real glad he's in jail."

NBC-2 NEWS
Posted: Apr 26, 2016 12:47 PM EDT

Old 04-26-2016, 08:35 PM

139 posts, read 129,352 times
Glad to hear the PGPD and prosecutors office did due diligence on this one.Wouldn't want to see someone walk on a technicality.

Old 06-10-2017, 02:24 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,477 times
Default Michael Russo convicted in Punta Gorda 7-Eleven killing

PUNTA GORDA, Fla. A jury convicted a 29-year-old man Thursday of second-degree murder and first-degree arson in the 2015 death of a 7-Eleven worker.

Michael Russo was charged with killing 18-year-old Kyle Farishian, whose remains were found following a November 2015 fire at the convenience store on Bal Harbor Boulevard and Aqui Esta Drive. Russo faces up to life in prison when he is sentenced July 17, the state attorney’s office said.

Russo sat straight-faced as the verdict was read. Farishian’s family made a brief statement, expressing a sense of relief, and left quickly.

Farishian’s mother shed tears last week as surveillance footage that appeared to show the murder was shown in court. Seven surveillance videos were key to identifying Russo as a suspect, according to a Punta Gorda Police Department detective who testified during the nearly two-week trial.

The defense, which plans to appeal, argued all the prosecution’s evidence was circumstantial and that no DNA or other scientific evidence pinned Russo to the crime.

The six-person jury, composed of two men and four women, deliberated for nearly six and a half hours beginning Wednesday after closing arguments.

WINK News
6/8/2017

Old 06-10-2017, 03:10 PM

4,862 posts, read 2,673,519 times
I'm glad he got convicted, because I think he damn sure did it, but I did think there was real good chance he would get off because of lack of evidence..

I read in the paper that while the cops were searching his house for guns he voluntarily blurted out "since when is it illegal to own a pistol and a gas can?"..even though the cops hadn't mentioned anything about a gas can..guilty as charged..give the little prick life I say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: