Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2019, 02:47 PM

21 posts, read 15,486 times

Advertisements

Hello. We visited several towns/cities in Gulf Coast area back in January and narrowed our search to PGI. We just love the vibe and all it offers. We looked at condos/houses then, and then came back a couple weeks ago to look more at condos. We just can't decide on where to be. We want a 3br condo, but are willing to consider 2 br if the price is right to possible buy another one to use as short term rental and family 'spill over' during visits. Having a garage is great, but not a deal breaker. We're torn on what's more important - proximity to downtown and/or FV, water view, dockable, size of condo, pool/social opportunities. I realize only we can decide. Anyway, we've looked a lot in Clipper Cove Village, Breakers (tiny pool), Purple Martin Way (the two buildings w/ 3 bedroom units - no garages), and some of the 2 bedroom communities near FV/downtown like Banyan Point and BridgePoint.

Any good, bad, or ugly about those neighborhoods? Vivante did nothing for us. It's pretty.. just not our vibe. We were hoping maybe more would on the market after the snowbirds finished for the season, but appears to be the opposite.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 03:00 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,820,631 times
I wouldn’t classify any areas of PGI “bad”, each has their own uniqueness. Vivante in my opinion is overpriced for no dockage and fees are crazy high. Really depends upon your exact wants and needs. There are some pretty good deals to be found but they go quickly. Best of luck!

Old 04-01-2019, 03:56 PM

390 posts, read 396,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Aruba View Post
Any good, bad, or ugly about those neighborhoods? Vivante did nothing for us. It's pretty.. just not our vibe. We were hoping maybe more would on the market after the snowbirds finished for the season, but appears to be the opposite.
I agree with SeaRay35 in that it's going to boil down to what your specific wants and needs are. PGI is a very beautiful community overall and very conveniently located which makes it very popular as you've noticed. No one wants to sell their money-makers. The snowbird rental market around this whole area of SWFL is so great that you have people booking for the next year by the start of their current stay.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:00 PM

Thanks. We really do like Clipper Cove Village and feel like there's a lot of bang for the buck there w/ 3 bedrooms, a garage, large pool area. But, we're not thrilled w/ the location of any of the units for sale right now. We'd love for a first floor unit to come available where the view is toward turning/intersecting canals, offering a bit more of a water view.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLKitties View Post
I agree with SeaRay35 in that it's going to boil down to what your specific wants and needs are. PGI is a very beautiful community overall and very conveniently located which makes it very popular as you've noticed. No one wants to sell their money-makers. The snowbird rental market around this whole area of SWFL is so great that you have people booking for the next year by the start of their current stay.
Yes, we checked a few bulletin boards near pools while checking out neighborhoods, and it was wild to see people posting for rentals for NEXT season. We're not ready to move down full-time, so we are hoping to rent ours out for a few months to recoup some of the expenses, perhaps.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:14 PM

390 posts, read 396,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Aruba View Post
Yes, we checked a few bulletin boards near pools while checking out neighborhoods, and it was wild to see people posting for rentals for NEXT season. We're not ready to move down full-time, so we are hoping to rent ours out for a few months to recoup some of the expenses, perhaps.
I see it on Nextdoor all the time. People in the midst of their vacations trying to line up things for the next year and beyond already. My sister's in-laws rented a house in Cape Coral for a couple of months a few years back and tried to rent it for the next Jan/Feb at the beginning of that rental but it had already been booked. I think you'll have no problem renting it out, especially if you connect with a few local agents and/or utilize social media to get your listing out there. Even during the summer months, especially around the 4th of July, you'll have people looking for rentals.

Old 04-01-2019, 05:53 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times
My friend just purchased a 2 br, 2 bath condo in PGI for 200K fully furnished. It was freshly painted, new kitchen, first floor end unit 10-15 minutes to the harbor. Nice boat slip out back and all they need are toothbrushes and booze. If you want the name of their realtor DM if need be. Friend is extremely happy with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte