Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2013, 11:25 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times

Advertisements

I have a 3 month trial that expires on June 24th. It came with the car I purchased. I like having SERIUS. However I'm concerned about the horror stories, I have heard about this company on reviews. Such as how bad the customer service is. People having all kinds of charges on their credit card. I've even read some that speak of other Serius accounts, other than their own being charged to their card. Most are complaining about the horrible customer service, or lack of getting to talk to anyone. The call centers seems to be overseas another complaint.

Does anyone else have them? When your 3 month trial expired did you let it lapse or renew it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 11:28 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
We started with XM Radio about 10 years ago and now have Sirius XM because they merged. Very few problems here over the years. You have the ability to go online and check your account at any time you want and we do not put our on credit card, it is automatic payment sent from our bank that I set up.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:44 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,352,236 times
I have had no problems with billing or customer service and I have had my account for 8 years. Just make sure that you read your bills and that you are aware of all charges--just like any account. I am someone who thought I would never pay for radio but I cannot imagine being with Sirius XM in my car.

Funny story. When our rescue dog Simon was alive, he hated our South Carolina house. I guess he felt the bad karma. Anyway, he would not sleep inside the house. So, every night I would sit for several hours in the car and I would listen to talk radio so he could sleep. It was truly a life saver for both of us.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:42 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Thanks for the replies and the info. Glad to hear the XM Serius experience has worked for both of you. I just called the company. I was cut off the first call. The 2nd one the employee told me the radio subscription was still listed under the car dealer. So I was transferred with I'm guessing was to the Philippines Customer Service Center. The girl was very nice, but she had a hard time understanding the simple task at hand. Renewing the 3 month trial with a new car purchase. She told me I actually have 6 months free and not 3. My purchase sticker on the car definitely says it was 3 month trial. So I don't know. She told me it actually will expire in Sept. So rather than anymore confusion I told her I will call back in Sept before the 16th. My guess it will expire on the 3 month date which is June 24. Its a shame the way businesses are today. Its so out of hand.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:53 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
10 years with XM or whatever its called now,no problems, they just bill my credit card every month for about $15 and i've got all the music,talk,sports and news shows,

Old 06-16-2013, 09:51 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Quote:
When your 3 month trial expired did you let it lapse or renew it?
I let it lapse after 90 days service. I simply don't listen to it while driving in the city metro area. I'd love to have it on trips however that's a lot of money each year for listening while just on road trips. And I never never give anyone my debit or credit card numbers for "automatic" billing each month. I'll pay for a year, I'll use cash, check, or money order but you're not getting my account number for a monthly billing! NEVER happen!

Old 06-17-2013, 07:14 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,619,995 times
I've never had an issue with billing. I have a real problem with their content, which has gone WAY downhill since the merger. But billing has always worked like a boss.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:48 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,812,603 times
I have never had a problem with billing issues. I don't give em my cc number I pay by money order and I get a bill in the mail. I agree about some of the customer service reps though I just keep hanging up until I get a drone that can understand me. id'e def try calling the canellations dept as well there seems to be more americans in that dept to. and while your at it ask em if they have any special deals going on for the year i'm sure they will give you a discounted rate if you threaten to cancel!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio