Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2018, 08:00 AM

4,691 posts, read 3,469,057 times

Advertisements

My baby boy Blitzen on the day almost 15 years ago we brought him home.

Yesterday afternoon my love passed. His spine had been going and walking and standing had become extremely difficult for him. His bloodwork though was perfect. The vet thought aside from his spine he was in excellent health. I had turned to the dog board and got much needed and appreciated help.

Yesterday's passing was very much a surprise. He had a lot of difficulty standing but nothing out of the ordinary. I am just thankful it was quick and we were there to comfort him.

I know he is in a better place where he can once again run and play. That being said I already miss him terribly. I can't stop crying. My poor kids (12 and 7) have been with him their whole lives. Our other dog is already depressed. She has been lying around not wanting to do anything.
Deep breath...hopefully time will lessen this raw wound.

How he loved to nap outside in the sunshine.

He was such a handsome, proud boy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 08:57 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,844,907 times
What a great looking dog!

We animal lovers understand your pain....it cuts so deep since we adore them so much. You just can't find a better, more dedicated friend. So sorry for you...

Blitzen's at peace and you can be too in the future. You'll have wonderful memories. And you'll always remember your trusted pal.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
What a great looking dog!

We animal lovers understand your pain....it cuts so deep since we adore them so much. You just can't find a better, more dedicated friend. So sorry for you...

Blitzen's at peace and you can be too in the future. You'll have wonderful memories. And you'll always remember your trusted pal.
I couldn't rep you yer but I wanted to say thank you. Your kind words do help the hurt in my heart.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:01 AM

17 posts, read 9,489 times
I understand your pain, as I lost my 9 year old pup on 12/15.
Please find comfort in the love you shared with your friend. May your pictures and memories make you smile someday soon. I know they will make you upset for a while...I get it...but they will bring you great comfort soon.

Blitzen is at peace and no longer in pain. He was a beautiful boy and clearly so loved. He was lucky to have your love and companionship through life.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:00 AM

How are you doing ms????

Old 01-06-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
How are you doing ms????
Thank you for asking. Honestly it was extremely difficult for a few days. Then as reality set in I calmed down and realized that his death probably was a best case scenario as it was inevitable. I am glad we were all there letting him know how much he we loved.

Now the day to day is sad but not overwhelming. I catch myself looking for him, putting his favorite foods aside for him. I still look around for him as I cook. My poor other dog mopes around. Oddly she has gotten very vocal since he passed. Not barking but all kinds of loud sighs and groans.

Thanks again. Talking (writing) about Blitzen helps me process it I think.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
Thank you for asking. Honestly it was extremely difficult for a few days. Then as reality set in I calmed down and realized that his death probably was a best case scenario as it was inevitable. I am glad we were all there letting him know how much he we loved.

Now the day to day is sad but not overwhelming. I catch myself looking for him, putting his favorite foods aside for him. I still look around for him as I cook. My poor other dog mopes around. Oddly she has gotten very vocal since he passed. Not barking but all kinds of loud sighs and groans.

Thanks again. Talking (writing) about Blitzen helps me process it I think.

Glad to hear you're a bit improved...the pain does lessen but you'll never forget.

Old 01-07-2019, 01:23 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,825,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
My poor other dog mopes around. Oddly she has gotten very vocal since he passed. Not barking but all kinds of loud sighs and groans.

She's grieving.
Hugs to all of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge