Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 12:47 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Won't all of Western Cary benefit from 540 by taking cars of their other North/South arteries toward RTP? I'd think that, when 540 opens, both 55 and Davis will be easier to travel.
Agreed!

Furthermore, I think downtown Apex will benefit greatly as traffic bypasses NC55/Williams Street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 02:27 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,983 times
I know for a fact that there are neighborhoods IN CARY, near 540 that have .40 acre lots and are under $550k.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:07 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJoe4181 View Post
I know for a fact that there are neighborhoods IN CARY, near 540 that have .40 acre lots and are under $550k.
There are. I wouldn't buy a home in them.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:35 PM

161 posts, read 109,826 times
All of southwestern wake county with just the completion of the current work. Anything within 15 minutes of the southern most entrance will do well. The people who will capitalize the most will be the ones who bought at a lower price due to the fact they were 15 minutes further out than Cary. Cary is already priced high and is extremely convenient to so much, so I don't see much benefit there. The reason people can purchase a house for 25-35% less in southwest wake is because it is 15 minutes further away and if you live in the western most part you end up being very limited in routes. Once those options open up, these areas will see the most appreciation. People who calculated this in their purchase equation will reap the rewards.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:13 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,840,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBurns View Post
Bella Casa in Apex is a great custom home neighborhood surrounded by 126 acre nature park and breaking ground on ammenities to include a jr olympic swimming pool, tennis courts, clubhouse with outdoor pavillion and fireplace. There are homes in the price range you listed and the area is far enough away from 540 to avoid the noise but close enough to enjoy the commuting advantages. If public schools are a consideration of yours, it feeds into some of the best in the area. I live in Bella Casa and am a real estate agent - I'm convinced it is a best buy community.
I have inspected 2 or 3 houses in that neighborhood and 100% concur. The quality is magnificent and neighborhood will be quite beautiful when completed.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:19 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,448,965 times
Default Excellent buys in SW Cary

Lucas would do well to look in SW Cary, too. Going into the RTP via Davis Drive and HWY 55 will be easier once 540 is completed.

Some of the existing homes in Cary Park, Carpenter Village, and Highcroft are having to compete with newer construction, and I have watched prices come down significantly. I don't understand the have-to-be-in-a-new-home mentality, but some are choosing to sell to move into one. A lot of the bells-and-whistles that went into construction in the late 1990s and early 2000 is not to be found in the new homes. I was shocked to see the builder in Toscana is building on slabs, but it is cheaper.

I'd suggest finding a nice rental home in an area you think you may like and hunkering-down for the term of the lease -- 6 months to a year. My husband and I did that, and it afforded us the luxury of being in the community, becoming familiar with the area, its amenities, pluses and negatives. On the weekends, we would get into the car and venture out into other areas. Looking back, I think it saved us the mistake of perhaps moving into areas that would not have suited us for whatever reason.

Good luck in your search, and welcome! Cary is a wonderful place to be, Lucas!

Old 07-15-2010, 08:12 AM

120 posts, read 236,361 times
Thanks so much for all the info. I would love to rent but with 2 kids, 2 cats, a dog and company relocation only paying for one move, I would really like to try to find a home. Fortionately, my husband is down there a lot so we are not just limited to 1 or 2 house hunting trips. He is actually going out again today. Rates are so great that we want to lock but need to find a house!

Old 07-15-2010, 08:21 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas33 View Post
Thanks so much for all the info. I would love to rent but with 2 kids, 2 cats, a dog and company relocation only paying for one move, I would really like to try to find a home. Fortionately, my husband is down there a lot so we are not just limited to 1 or 2 house hunting trips. He is actually going out again today. Rates are so great that we want to lock but need to find a house!
I think the relo deal is more compelling than the rates.
Rates will not go anywhere for a while, strictly IMO.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:27 AM

Yes, you are correct. The relocation package is a huge bonus. Hopefully the rates will stay put for the next 30 days or so.

Oh, and we are definitely not only into new homes. In NJ, we would never even get close to any home newer than the 80's. Also, we would hate to get in a new neighborhood and see it not get completed or the builder starts selling lower priced homes. Also, his company won't wait for a home to built and any delays that go along with that so we are better off at looking at a resale home.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBurns View Post
Bella Casa in Apex is a great custom home neighborhood surrounded by 126 acre nature park and breaking ground on ammenities to include a jr olympic swimming pool, tennis courts, clubhouse with outdoor pavillion and fireplace. There are homes in the price range you listed and the area is far enough away from 540 to avoid the noise but close enough to enjoy the commuting advantages. If public schools are a consideration of yours, it feeds into some of the best in the area. I live in Bella Casa and am a real estate agent - I'm convinced it is a best buy community.
Sounds like worth looking into but are only new construction available?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary