Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 04:20 PM

294 posts, read 829,510 times

Advertisements

Josh Hamilton is over in Apex which makes me the second baseball player in the neighborhood....

Did someone really post Petey Pablo lyrics! this forum is getting better each day....."this is for my friends behind this wall right here"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 07:39 AM

838 posts, read 2,525,458 times
Candice Woodstock that was on Survivor lives in Chapel Hill, I think?

Old 08-05-2010, 08:58 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,829,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspian65 View Post
Candice Woodstock that was on Survivor lives in Chapel Hill, I think?
It's Candice WoodCOCK, and while she graduated from UNC-CH (as did previous Survivor Jeff Varner from Season 2), she now lives in Washington, DC in medical school. There have been other Survivors who do live in the area, such as Ted from season 5 and Crystal from season 17 who live in Durham. And Sandra from season 7 and WINNER of the recent "Heroes vs Villains" season, now lives in Fayetteville. Yay for bringing that million to the NC economy!

But if we're going down the path of listing Reality show "celebs", I'm sure there are hundreds. Some episodes of reality shows are even filmed locally.

Somewhat along those lines, recent Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions Semi-Finalist Andy Srinivasan lives in Clayton.

Last edited by Francois; 08-05-2010 at 09:07 AM..

Old 08-05-2010, 08:59 AM

376 posts, read 1,062,620 times
Default Lewis Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNC View Post
Yes. I actually met him a few years ago when I worked at Bombay at Southpoint and he was picking up a desk he purchased. He was a really nice guy and told me about having a place in Chapel Hill. He was there with a long time friend of his who was a teacher at Durham School of the Arts, who also happened to be my coworkers teacher when he was in high school there.

Have fun at the show! If I can make it, I'd love to go.
Thanks! The show is in Sept. Can't wait! I Googled him after posting that and see he went to UNC Chapel Hill too. I can only picture him as his character, who seems always on the verge of stroking out! (in a funny way) Seems like a lot of people choose Chapel Hill. I really don't know my way around there except for Franklin St.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:30 AM

776 posts, read 1,684,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyneiman View Post
What celebrities live in the Triangle and what part of town do they live in?
Yup, me...NE Raleigh.

Yyyyyyyyyep, I dabbled in the acting biz back when I was lil' Frrrunkis!. I had one line in a Caldor (dept store that got obliterated by Walmart) commercial up in Jersey back when I was a kid in the 80's. I know, I know...you're thinking..."Well Frrrunkis, you must've had to hire an agent who can handle the flood of demands for your services." Yeeeeah, I was in demand back then, my friends. I could've done a couple local A&P spots...the township of Dover...Grand Union...but I passed on them. I figured it'd be best to retire early and go out on top.

PS - I'm available for autograph signings...my rate is $1K an hour.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:45 PM

675 posts, read 1,833,461 times
Robert Sledge, bass player from Ben Folds Five (now defunct) lives in Chapel Hill, teaching bass and working at the Music Loft. I have a friend who was friends with the band. The band formed in CH, but then broke up. Ben Folds lives in Nashville, Darren Jesse is in NYC, but Bob stayed right here, and even gigs around with his new band every now and then.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:48 PM

675 posts, read 1,833,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
But if we're going down the path of listing Reality show "celebs", I'm sure there are hundreds. Some episodes of reality shows are even filmed locally.
Hahaha, exactly. I loved how some comedian put it once: Reality show stars are the kind of celebrity you would recognize in Burger King...because they're the kind of celebrity that would be eating at Burger King.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:16 PM

932 posts, read 3,097,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyO View Post
Hahaha, exactly. I loved how some comedian put it once: Reality show stars are the kind of celebrity you would recognize in Burger King...because they're the kind of celebrity that would be eating at Burger King.
Hey...don't knock fast food joints! My husband and I met Maya Angelou at Bojangles on Western Blvd!

Old 08-05-2010, 07:30 PM

294 posts, read 829,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Yup, me...NE Raleigh.

Yyyyyyyyyep, I dabbled in the acting biz back when I was lil' Frrrunkis!. I had one line in a Caldor (dept store that got obliterated by Walmart) commercial up in Jersey back when I was a kid in the 80's. I know, I know...you're thinking..."Well Frrrunkis, you must've had to hire an agent who can handle the flood of demands for your services." Yeeeeah, I was in demand back then, my friends. I could've done a couple local A&P spots...the township of Dover...Grand Union...but I passed on them. I figured it'd be best to retire early and go out on top.

PS - I'm available for autograph signings...my rate is $1K an hour.

Easy Boardroom Jimmy, Easy....

Old 08-05-2010, 08:09 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
Just spent a week at the beach and a Beaufort native drove me all around to show me some beautiful homes. Most are owned by Hurricaines as vacation homes. These homes were multi million dollar homes with waterfront. How much do hurricanes make anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary