Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2010, 09:14 AM

338 posts, read 1,619,954 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good appliance repair person in the N. Raleigh area? Only recommendation I found in the forum didn't service the N. Raleigh area.

My washing machine filled with water this morning and then decided that's as far into the cycle it wished to go. grrr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 09:23 AM

47 posts, read 102,893 times
1-800-4myhome They fixed our machine last week, but he broke our plastic pan under the washer but everything works perfectly now. It's through Sears.

Good luck!

Old 09-10-2010, 09:44 AM

338 posts, read 1,619,954 times
Thanks TopDog. I already called them and they're $129 plus parts which is ridiculous. The place I called that only serviced Cary charged $60 plus parts for a service call.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:09 PM

47 posts, read 102,893 times
No problem jjg!! Our washer had a bad tranny and gasket seals went bad. Total was over $300 and it came with a warranty, could have been worse I reckon. Glad you found someone!!

Old 09-10-2010, 07:44 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,581,720 times
Quote:
My washing machine filled with water this morning and then decided that's as far into the cycle it wished to go. grrr.
Assuming this machine is a top load it sounds like the safety switch for the lid went bad. Try to make it click by sticking something slim like a pen in there. Don't worry, there is nothing there that will shock you.

To find the safety switch open the lid on the washer and look for a slim, pointy piece of plastic that is mounted on the bottom side of the lid. This piece of plastic will protrude from the lid and stick into the top of the washer (usually near the back right of the opening where you put your clothes into the washer) when the lid is closed triggering the safety switch. If it doesn't click the switch is either bad or may be gummed up and need to be cleaned. The switch can be bought for about $10 at D&L Appliance parts. If the switch does click and you still have a problem it's possible a wire came loose from the switch. The switch may be accessible just by lifting the lid. If not, the top of the washer should lift off from the frame with a little coercion.

I would UNPLUG THE WASHER before I started checking the wiring on the switch.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:01 PM

4,168 posts, read 4,881,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Assuming this machine is a top load it sounds like the safety switch for the lid went bad. Try to make it click by sticking something slim like a pen in there. Don't worry, there is nothing there that will shock you.

To find the safety switch open the lid on the washer and look for a slim, pointy piece of plastic that is mounted on the bottom side of the lid. This piece of plastic will protrude from the lid and stick into the top of the washer (usually near the back right of the opening where you put your clothes into the washer) when the lid is closed triggering the safety switch. If it doesn't click the switch is either bad or may be gummed up and need to be cleaned. The switch can be bought for about $10 at D&L Appliance parts. If the switch does click and you still have a problem it's possible a wire came loose from the switch. The switch may be accessible just by lifting the lid. If not, the top of the washer should lift off from the frame with a little coercion.

I would UNPLUG THE WASHER before I started checking the wiring on the switch.
I agree because the same thing happened to our Maytag top load washer.
The lid switch can be easily accessed by opening the front control panel and there's no need to take off the entire top.

You can check the lid switch function using an ohm meter with the washer unplugged from the wall of course. There is a safety fuse on the lid switch assembly and if it's blown that usually means the lid switch is bad and needs replacement.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:39 PM

477 posts, read 1,419,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjg39069 View Post
Can anyone recommend a good appliance repair person in the N. Raleigh area? Only recommendation I found in the forum didn't service the N. Raleigh area.

Call Danny Bost of Bost Appliance Repair at 919-231-7604. Reliable, knowledgeable and reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary