Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 08:02 AM

24 posts, read 40,928 times

Advertisements

Brand spanking new to Wake Forest as of Saturday! I have so many questions. I'm going to ask them all here to not junk up the board.

1. Are there any "rock" stations here? I've been scanning and all I'm really getting is dance, country and religious stations. And a classic rock. anything either adult contemporary or more current rock?? PLEASE!

2. Any opinions on Sanford Creek Elementary School in Rolesville? That's where my son is enrolled and compared to NOVA where we're from, it's gorgeous but interested in what folks whose kids go there think.

3. I found a daycare I love for before and after school but they're not available for track out. Any suggestions for what you guys do for the Wake Forest area? So far I have the YMCA for an option and "camps" but don't know how to find specific ones. Any real ideas of what is used is greatly appreciated.

This area is so beautiful. We feel truly blessed to be here and once I get unpacked and acutally make myself presentable looking, I can't wait to get out and explore some more and make some friends!!

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 12:18 PM

1,040 posts, read 3,602,741 times
I can only help you with #1

Try: 96rock - Everything That Rocks - Raleigh-Durham, NC

To a lesser extent, you can try KIX 102.9 - Carolina's Greatest Hits

Welcome to the area,
Matt

Old 11-04-2010, 12:27 PM

375 posts, read 1,143,775 times
I can also only help with #1.. 96Rock doesn't play much current stuff anymore - and its probably the "classic rock" station you found. They moved to an "everything that rocks" format, but that just seems to mean lots of Aerosmith, Ozzy, AC/DC, and the like.

Sometimes I get lucky and can catch 103.5 from out of Fayetteville. They have a better mix of the current stuff.

Otherwise... its iTunes/Pandora for me and sometimes I stream 106.5 out of Charlotte. They do play a bit too much emo for me though...

Old 11-04-2010, 12:30 PM

725 posts, read 1,501,025 times
88.1 WKNC is new rock/indie most of the morning and afternoon (various genres at night after 8 and on the weekends).

Old 11-04-2010, 02:39 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,829,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdboysen View Post
I have so many questions. I'm going to ask them all here to not junk up the board.
Sometimes it's actually better to "junk up the board" with separate questions when they are so dissimilar (and only 3--don't do it with 10!). Most of us don't read every thread, so someone who might know the answer to one question could answer that thread and ignore the threads s/he didn't have any advice on. The radio station question could easily spawn a long thread of its own, for example, with the other questions getting lost in the middle.

I can't answer any of them, personally--I use satellite radio and don't like hard rock, and don't know WF. But good luck

Old 11-05-2010, 07:22 AM

thanks everybody. Francois, thanks for the tip. I figured that would be the case but didn't want to annoy anybody with several different posts. I think I just might ask the questions separately.

I love living here so far! granted, it's only been a week...

Old 11-05-2010, 08:00 AM

22,670 posts, read 36,804,509 times
100.7 for classic rock.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:27 AM

49 posts, read 146,862 times
My son is a first grader at Sanford Creek and so far we have had a good experience. He's my oldest so I don't have a lot to compare it to. There is an active PTA there if you are interested. If you are interested at all in test scores, they have been going up every year since we've been there so that has to be a good thing. The only negative I can think of is there is no before school or afterschool care on site at the school. I've used Primrose school in Heritage for before and aftercare and I've had only good experiences there.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:49 AM

That's great to hear about Sanford Creek and about Primrose, that's EXACTLY the place that I loved for daycare. I just wished they tracked out. That's really the only hangup I have about it. I wish they did that, too.

thanks for the news!

Old 11-06-2010, 02:44 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,548,731 times
The 'top five' Radio stations were listed in today's N&) --
"triangle's top-rated radio stations" using Oct data
WDCG (Pop contemporary)
WUNC (NPR, NC news, etc)
WRAL (adult contemporary)
WQDR (country)
WFXC (urban adult contemporary)

I see no rock listed on the top 5 but they do exist per prior posts. The article goes on to describe how WRAL (101.5) will start to do holiday tunes 24/7 starting black friday. I didn't know they did that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary