Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2011, 08:14 PM

35 posts, read 56,516 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I got some great responses about the social culture in the Triangle area.

Two follow-up or drill down questions:

1) Is there any major difference between Raleigh, Durham, Cary or Chapel Hill culturally, or are people pretty much the same between them with maybe only minor "flavor" differences?

2) For you singles out there, what is the dating culture/scene like?

Thanks!

I should add, I've gotten a little feedback on the dating scene, but wanted to hear from more folks. Thanks!

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-06-2011 at 06:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 06:58 AM

487 posts, read 891,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozwanderer View Post
Hi All,

I got some great responses about the social culture in the Triangle area.

Two follow-up or drill down questions:

1) Is there any major difference between Raleigh, Durham, Cary or Chapel Hill culturally, or are people pretty much the same between them with maybe only minor "flavor" differences?

2) For you singles out there, what is the dating culture/scene like?

Thanks!

I should add, I've gotten a little feedback on the dating scene, but wanted to hear from more folks. Thanks!
1. Durham is a lot more diverse in US terms (ie, there are a lot of black people) and Cary is more diverse in another sense (there are a lot more foreigners and immigrants).

Chapel Hill and Carrboro are dominated by UNC in a way that the other towns aren't dominated by their universities. A lot of what goes on in Chapel Carrboro is connected to UNC in some way.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:07 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,948,444 times
When compared with each other locally, the various Triangle towns may seem somewhat different from one another. When compared with areas from other parts of the country, they may seem rather similar to each other.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:35 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,181,211 times
I don't think it really matters because singles in the Triangle don't just stay in their one city. They get in their cars and go to the others quite frequently. That said, I do know singles who were travelling to DT Raleigh so often that they moved there from Cary, NW Raleigh and Southwest Durham.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary