Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 09:48 AM

114 posts, read 431,626 times

Advertisements

I really dont know if this is a right place to post my query, but I dont know of any other forum so hear goes,
We are looking to go out on a weekend trip (or even a 7 -10 day trip if location is far from hear) with a 3 year old. We dont want to go skiing or to the beach and I cant think of any place else . We dont want to visit NYC or any place north as we think it may be too cold at this of the year.
Is there any place not too far from rtp area , that will have some activities for a 3 year old girl and adults as well ? I know I rule out a majority of places with my 'not too cold' need....but still is there a place??
Any people with young children who have visited florida in Jan-Feb , here to share their experiences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 10:05 AM

133 posts, read 425,072 times
hi,
i have two young kids. Our favorite places to go to are charleston and savannah. For charleston, there is so much for kids to do and adults to keep them interested (ft sumter and ferry, SC Aquarium, Low Country children's museum, horse drawn carriage, folly beach, various plantations-some have animals and kids activities). For Savannah, it's such a great walking city and our kids loved the squares and seeing the statues and fountains, the historic trolley tour, some historic houses let them on the tour and give them a picture list of things to find in the house. The Jepson Museum of modern art is super cool. On the second floor they have this awesome kid play area, where they can draw on glass, have a magnetic wall where they can put metal objects on it, dress up,etc and it's fun for adults too. Also there are the famous cemetaries,which are really cool-especially with the spanish moss. Have heard great things about Atlanta. A few of our friends have driven to disneyworld and said it was an easy drive, with Savannah being halfway.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:08 AM

133 posts, read 425,072 times
for just small trips around NC- i recommend Greensboro for the kids' museum (they can play in an airplane cockpit and lots of other cool places), Asheville is also great and Biltmore-which they have kids activies as well. In March, at the Bentonville battlefield they are doing a civil war reenactment. Also, this is in the winter, but i highly recommend the beaufort pirate festival in august

Old 01-11-2011, 10:14 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,689,621 times
How about Williamsburg VA?

Another thing that came to mind is http://www.greatwolf.com/ I didn't know there was one in NC. A three year old would think that was pretty darn cool.

I have been to Disney with my kids when they were 3. You definitely can't go wrong there, although some prefer to wait until their kid is old enough to remember it. We didn't have that problem as grandparents have paid for 3 trips at different ages. I have yet to find a lot to do in FL that is not beach or theme park.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:31 AM

114 posts, read 431,626 times
All the suggestions sound great. I did not know about the kids museum in greensboro. Also the great wolf resort sounds good and it will be a short drive. On the other hand....I love the idea of charleston and Savannah as well ...now I have some thinking to do....
Thank you all for your recommendations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary