Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 07:44 PM

5 posts, read 12,208 times

Advertisements

I need a new salon to go to. I need somewhere that I can go in and the person will know what I should do based on hair texture, face shape, etc, but will still listen to my input. I am tired of going places where they either do whatever they want to or would do a hairstyle from a magazine someone walked in with without thinking if it'll look good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 10:47 PM

540 posts, read 1,106,137 times
I've had a good experience with this at Just Blo in Brier Creek. I gave up on a previous stylist at another salon because my hair was just getting more and more unmanageable and called Blo. They got me in the same day. The stylist talked *with* me about my hair and what problems I was having with it etc. and then made suggestions and it came out great. Unfortunately for me she got married and moved right after my first appt. but I stayed with Blo and tried another stylist who I am also now happy with so far.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:00 AM

612 posts, read 1,280,611 times
What area are looking for a salon in? If you live in the Orange Co area I would recommend Haven salon in Hillsborough. Ask for Kim.

Haven Beauty Sanctuary Salon Hillsborough North Carolina

Old 01-18-2011, 09:32 AM

375 posts, read 1,143,775 times
I've had great success with Lux Salon off of Spring Forest and Falls of Neuse. I use Kristen H, and she has helped come up with the best highlights I've ever had done. Her haircuts are great too. I am growing mine out, and we've set up a "long-term" plan of how long is too long and the look I'm ultimately going for. We used magazines to help explain what I was talking about and she's even worked with me in coming up with hairstyles for a wedding I was attending.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:44 AM

600 posts, read 3,449,230 times
Tanas, near the intersection of Cary Parkway and Kildaire Farm Rd. in Cary.

Streamer1212

Old 01-18-2011, 05:40 PM

121 posts, read 430,140 times
I discovered Hillary at Salon One21 & Color Bar in Wake Forest back in December. She is amazing...and she listens! I have tried several salons in the RTP area over the last year and had horrible experiences. What a waste of money, too. My hair was looking the worst if has looked in YEARS....I hadn't gone to anyone in several months because of that, then in Dec. I decided to try Salon One21. Wow, what a difference. My hair not only looks healthier and shinier, but it also suits my face shape better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary