Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 10:07 AM

4 posts, read 5,096 times

Advertisements

thanks for the info. what do you know about morrisville? saw some inexpensive apartments there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 10:30 AM

305 posts, read 761,441 times
You may want to look in to some of the apartment complexes near Southpoint Mall in Durham. Check out The Lodge at Southpoint or the complexes off Fayetteville Road between Highway 54 and Woodcroft Parkway (e.g., Pine Ridge Apartments, Lochridge Townhomes). They should have good options within your price range, and you'd be a 30 min or less drive to Duke, Durham Regional, UNC, Rex, or WakeMed Cary.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:52 AM

73 posts, read 167,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
Back in 2006 when relocating to the area I initially started my house hunt in Cary but wound up in Apex because I just happened to find a house there I liked. After encountering a lot of negativity about Cary both here and out and about, I really thought I dodged a bullet. "Thank goodness I didn't buy in Cary!" I'd say to myself.

Funny thing is two years later I sold my house in Apex and moved to an older home in Cary in a pretty neighborhood with wonderful mature trees and a great location. The Cary bashing that goes on here gets really tiresome but I try not to let it bother me. I know that the sign ordinances in Apex are just as onerous as the ones in Cary (maybe more so). I live in a green house, and my neighbor's house is a rather distasteful orange/peach color (this is one house that should be beige). My HOA is not onerous and does a fine job of keeping the walking trails, tennis courts, community center and large swimming pool in working order. I also know that newer subdivisions in Cary, Apex, Durham and Raleigh are all very similar. There isn't some magic associated with having one zip code over another. You pick the place that best suits you and go from there. It's a shame that negativity here influences people away from perfectly livable areas. I hope people do as Vicki suggests and see for themselves and not put too much stock in stereotypes, whether it be about Cary or Durham.

I'm going back out on my screened porch now!
This is a great point and a great post! I think that the positive attention that Cary gets nationally by being on several "Top Lists" makes it a target locally for people to put it down or try to find things wrong with it… not that there isn't things wrong with Cary, but people tend to want to magnify them… just my opinion. For your criteria to be close to area hospitals I would try to focus in on apartments on the Hwy 55 corridor for easy access to I-40 to get to Chapel Hill and Durham for Duke and UNC hospitals (about a 20-25 minute drive) or easy access to US-1 to Wake Med Cary (15 minute drive)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary