Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote for the best place to live between Raleigh & South Hill
Franklinton 0 0%
Kittrell 0 0%
Oxford 0 0%
Warrenton 0 0%
Norlina 0 0%
Macon 0 0%
Middleburg 0 0%
Centerville 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 09:07 PM

6 posts, read 15,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbelle View Post
You might want to check on the crime in Oxford. I certainly would not live there.

Creedmoor is a nice little town. Boring and a little rednecky in spots, not so great shopping, but it's an easy commute to just about everywhere.

Thanks - I hadn't heard anything bad about crime in Oxford, I will definitely check on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 09:16 PM

6 posts, read 15,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
I have a friend who works in south hill, and she lives in wake forest. It is about 45 minutes, and then depending on where you are going in raleigh, 20-45 minutes

They picked wake forest for the schools, and the commute..

Leigh
Thanks Leigh - I do like the Wake Forrest area, but according to Mapquest & Google Maps Wake Forrest would be over an hour to South Hill. I have heard good things about the schools there & it is convenient to Raleigh and shopping. I think we would need to be a bit further north for my husbands commute. Franklinton is on our list of areas to check out since it would be an easy drive to Wake Forrest.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:26 AM

3 posts, read 3,467 times
If anyone still checks this I have a similar question. My girlfriend will be working South Hill while I live in Charlottesville for school. Is there anywhere between these two locations (closer to South hill) where she could live and travel up on the weekends. Everywhere in between seems to small/not many options.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Old 02-21-2012, 10:36 AM

804 posts, read 2,004,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1341 View Post
If anyone still checks this I have a similar question. My girlfriend will be working South Hill while I live in Charlottesville for school. Is there anywhere between these two locations (closer to South hill) where she could live and travel up on the weekends. Everywhere in between seems to small/not many options.

Any input is greatly appreciated
did you mean charlotte & south hill? if so, you'll want to post in the charlotte, nc forum.

or

did you mean charlottesville, va & south hill, va? if so, you'll want to post probably in the western region of VA forum.

either way you'll probably want to post elsewhere & clarify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary