Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 05:44 PM

3 posts, read 51,765 times

Advertisements

My daughter and I are homeless in NC and I have tried living in hotels which are too expensive, in which i cant afford food. The shelters that I have called have told me basically there is no assistance for a working mom at this time, i was told that i would have to dedicate the first 6 months that i could not work and would be restricted to the shelter, no outside job is permitted. i though, how crazy???? please help me find a place that will work with evictions. I hear that after three years that some complexes may work with you, is that true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 07:43 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,984,485 times
It would help to know where you are located. I suspect the most sympathetic would be a owner of a single family house for rent rather than anyplace run by a management company that will run your credit.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:59 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,019,075 times
You should check with privately owned rentals and explain your situation. Be prepared to pay a big security deposit.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:46 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denise2014 View Post
My daughter and I are homeless in NC and I have tried living in hotels which are too expensive, in which i cant afford food. The shelters that I have called have told me basically there is no assistance for a working mom at this time, i was told that i would have to dedicate the first 6 months that i could not work and would be restricted to the shelter, no outside job is permitted. i though, how crazy???? please help me find a place that will work with evictions. I hear that after three years that some complexes may work with you, is that true?

In WHICH city??

Old 05-17-2011, 08:05 AM

3 posts, read 51,765 times
city's
henderson
durham
raleigh
any three of the cit's listed above

right now we are in durham.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
city's
henderson
durham
raleigh
any three of the cit's listed above

right now we are in durham.

Honey, you would get more responses and better info if you posted your question on the Raleigh board. Best of luck!

Old 05-17-2011, 03:50 PM

Can anybody here offer some suggestions to this mom?

Old 05-17-2011, 05:20 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,674,691 times
same as what others have said. look for a private landlord who doesn't do a credit check. be ready to pay a deposit (usually one month, plaus first months rent - so if your monthly rent is $500, your total amount due would be $1000)

some might work with you on the deposit and let you pay in installments, but most probably wont.

have a letter of reference from your employer stating your pay and that your job is secure. that might help too.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:17 PM

862 posts, read 3,548,936 times
Quote:
You poor thing. My family has been in that situation before (not evicted, but living in a hotel) and it seriously sucks. All our money was going to the hotel and very little of it was paying for food. I don't have any specific leads for companies or individuals who will work with an eviction, but I do have general leads for rental/property management companies in Durham. Send me a DM or send me an email through my website (listed in my profile under contact). The leads will be complimentary for you.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia78 View Post
You poor thing. My family has been in that situation before (not evicted, but living in a hotel) and it seriously sucks. All our money was going to the hotel and very little of it was paying for food. I don't have any specific leads for companies or individuals who will work with an eviction, but I do have general leads for rental/property management companies in Durham. Send me a DM or send me an email through my website (listed in my profile under contact). The leads will be complimentary for you.
Thanks for trying to help! I don't know enough about apts in the areas she is interested in I'd love to see someone post the name of a complex or two that works with people in her situation!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary