Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 05:54 PM

915 posts, read 2,383,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T|K View Post
Street parking can be found if you get there early enough, even if you pay its not too expensive. Ballpark food there I think is very good, and really isn't too expensive. Beers also, I don't think 7 bucks for a 24oz beer is bad.
I agree, especially if you get a craft beer. If you pay $7 for a 24oz Foothills draft, then that's the same as paying a bit less than $5 a pint, the same you'd pay at a bar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 07:23 AM

420 posts, read 1,397,841 times
We love to go the ballpark. We aren't a fan of the ballpark food though. We typically will have an early dinner at The Mellow Mushroom (also good for finding parking if you get there early for dinner!) then walk over to the gates directly across the street.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:39 AM

1,036 posts, read 3,194,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peperoberto View Post
I agree, especially if you get a craft beer. If you pay $7 for a 24oz Foothills draft, then that's the same as paying a bit less than $5 a pint, the same you'd pay at a bar.
wow, excellent point. I hadn't done the math before.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:27 PM

19,441 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Just received a notice from Living Social about Thursday night games for half price. This is the same night as the $1 concession deal - $1 for hot dogs, soda or popcorn.

We're new to the area, so this will be our first time at a Durham Bulls game!

Old 04-04-2013, 04:16 PM

843 posts, read 2,100,988 times
You will have a blast. Make sure to walk around the whole ballpark. Its really beautiful. I like to take a stroll about the 5th inning. Stretch the legs. You can walk around the entire field. I like to sit on the third base side. Less sun and easier exit to parking up near the loop. But Ill walk around and watch the game from different spots. I like watching from the top of left field wall.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:37 PM

334 posts, read 867,657 times
Durham Bulls easily the best thing about Durham. Don't forget day games! First next Wednesday. Great places to eat across the street from the stadium. Tobacco Road sports bar that over looks left field. No ticket necessary.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:06 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,828,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdanville View Post
Durham Bulls easily the best thing about Durham. Don't forget day games! First next Wednesday. Great places to eat across the street from the stadium. Tobacco Road sports bar that over looks left field. No ticket necessary.
I've seen several games while at Tobacco Road Sports Bar. That's a nice place. Great view from the back of left field into the playing area. And if it's too hot or such, you can step inside for a beer or dinner. But what I really like is that you can park in the adjacent parking deck, pay (I think) $5, but show the parking stub and the bar will deduct that amount from your tab. So there is parking that is close, safe, and 'free'.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:01 AM

I went to the day game last week. Great game. The only negative I could find is that a cup of domestic beer is now $7. Yes $7. That to me is now too much. $5 was not too bad. So my next game this Thursday I will no longer be buying a beer at the Bulls game. Might walk up to Tobacco road sports bar and have one.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:14 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,654,812 times
If memory serves correctly, I think that at some concessions the beer was $7 but if you went to a pushcart style concession it was $5...unless they corrected that. I rarely drink at the game, I'm not a big fan of the beer choices there. I'd rather drink water than what they offer, quite frankly. (of course that was based on last year, they may have more selections now).

Old 04-17-2013, 09:10 AM

Beer prices went up from last season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary