Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 09:07 AM

2 posts, read 3,478 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I am a 23 y/o recent UNC Chapel Hill grad moving to Raleigh for work. What are good areas -- ideally, specifically good apartments? I do not really want to be where it is only college students, rather young professionals. 1-2 bedrooms, max about $1200/month, ideally pool and gym on the premise. I'd like to be close to bars/restaurants/shopping.
Thanks for all your advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 09:22 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,829,826 times
You might look into The Hue, a new building downtown that was built as condos, but unfortunately was timed right before "the crash", so they couldn't sell them and are now renting then. It's in the same block as The Borough, a very popular neighborhood bar, and walking distance to Glenwood South, the Warehouse District, and downtown.

I don't know their price ranges, but I'd think they would be in your range.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:44 AM

18 posts, read 44,320 times
The Tribute on Glenwood Ave, built in 09 I think

Old 06-23-2011, 08:28 AM

117 posts, read 284,267 times
I would think almost any 1-2 bedroom apartment would be in your price range. You can try the North Hills area - that would tend to be on the higher end in Raleigh - it is close to downtown and can walk to all the North Hills shops, bars and restaurants. Avera Place in Brier Creek probably has 2 bedroom apartments for $850 and less - pool, fitness club, etc. But further from downtown so you would be close only to the bars/restaurants in that area.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:45 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,170,662 times
For that price, you can look at the newer more urban location apartments in Raleigh. 712 Tucker, Hue and Oberlin Court come to mind first. The first two are VERY walkable to bars and restaurants. They are also both accessible to the Rline downtown circulator bus that runs loops for free through Raleigh's DT districts.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:44 AM

2 posts, read 3,478 times
Thanks everyone! Someone said Camden Manor -- by crabtree I think -- any thoughts on that one?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:55 AM

45 posts, read 280,441 times
For that price I'd just rent a house near five points, save money, and take a cheap cab to the bars. I pay 800/mo for a 3 br/1bath/bonus room house in a great neighborhood right off of wake forest rd and 440. I wouldn't give it up for an apt ever. But that's just me.

Good luck!

Old 07-19-2011, 07:24 AM

547 posts, read 775,091 times
Anyone have experience with these apartments?:

Trinity Park
Asbury Village
Apartments at Weston Lakeside
Park at Crossroads
712 Tucker

Old 07-19-2011, 11:05 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,170,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjnugget View Post
Anyone have experience with these apartments?:

Trinity Park
Asbury Village
Apartments at Weston Lakeside
Park at Crossroads
712 Tucker
I have a condo in Raleigh a block away from 712 Tucker and had a friend who lived their before he bought a place. It's a very popular and well located apartment complex in downtown's Glenwood South neighborhood. It's completely walkable to most of downtown. What's not accessible by foot is reachable by a free DT circulator bus.
712 is also walkalble to Cameron Village: a six block shopping district. From that location by foot, you can also reach many other city amenities inclusive of parks, gyms, etc.
What isn't reachable by foot is easily reachable by car since 712 is centrally located in the city. The things I can reach by car in ~10 minutes or less include Costco, Trader Joes, Target, Movies. It's a really convenient area to live in Raleigh and is one of the best bets for continued urban development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary