Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2007, 05:24 PM

64 posts, read 196,864 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about Woodcroft Estates??? Who is the builder??? Good or bad info would be appreciated. I am looking at homes in that area (been to River's Edge and loved it). Some of homes look beautiful on the internet, but would appreciate more information. We plan to relocate next summer and I'm doing a lot of house hunting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 07:34 AM

560 posts, read 2,848,734 times
You can find Woodcroft Estates on this Sub Division Plan from Franklin County, Woodcroft is on the border of Franklin and Granville County, just above the town of Youngsville:

http://www.co.franklin.nc.us/docs/planning/Current/docs/subdivisionMap.pdf (broken link)

You can use this tool to gather public information on the lots available in the sub division.

Franklin County GIS Mapping Tool (http://www.co.franklin.nc.us/ROK/mapviewer/viewer.htm - broken link)

It's a nice location with a pretty quick run into Wake Forest and the lot sizes look to be pretty large. I was unable to find out who the builder was but I would imagine any Realtor could tell you, then search this forum for some good and bad feedback.

Do you have school age children? I would look to see what schools they would be placed into given the location. The best way to find out is to look at what Raleigh Durham Apex Cary Chapel Hill North Carolina Real Estate Fonville Morisey Realty has to say. You can search for listings by sub division, just type "woodcroft" in the subdivision field on their search page. This will give you the schools for each listing. You can then look at how well the students performed in the NC state-wide testing by visiting ReDir.

If you would like I could run up there and take some pictures, let me know. Good luck!!

Old 08-20-2007, 07:40 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
I believe these kids would end up going to Granville schools. Youngsville is a great place to live, and you might also want to look at subdivisions farther to the south (southwest corner of Franklin County).

Old 08-20-2007, 07:49 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmeca11 View Post
The best way to find out is to look at what Raleigh Durham Apex Cary Chapel Hill North Carolina Real Estate Fonville Morisey Realty has to say. You can search for listings by sub division, just type "woodcroft" in the subdivision field on their search page.
Actually, if you just put "woodcroft" in the subdivision field, you'll also get back a lot of results for the Woodcroft subdivision in Durham. Make sure that you select the correct city from the top of the form & that should eliminate the problem.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I believe these kids would end up going to Granville schools. Youngsville is a great place to live, and you might also want to look at subdivisions farther to the south (southwest corner of Franklin County).
I checked and saw Youngsville and Frankliton Schools but was thinking that it may be Granville as well. I would check this out first and agree with Southward that the Southwest Corner is a great place to spend some time and look around. We are living in this area and love it!!

Old 08-20-2007, 08:01 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,687,108 times
Woodcroft will be considered in Franklin County and Granville County depending on where you purchase within it. You can easily criss cross the county lines in it.
If you want more info specifically, pm me and I will give you the info of the person who has been with this subdivision from the start, and helped develop it.

And just so you get a heads up. Many new subdivisions are in the process of going up in Franklin County and Southern Granville County.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
Actually, if you just put "woodcroft" in the subdivision field, you'll also get back a lot of results for the Woodcroft subdivision in Durham. Make sure that you select the correct city from the top of the form & that should eliminate the problem.
Good point! Thanks

Old 08-20-2007, 08:58 AM

64 posts, read 196,864 times
Thanks for the info - the map helps alot. Kids are all grown, so schools are not a factor for this move. Besides finding an area that "feels like home", we want to stay close enough to play with the Raleigh Dart League. I've heard that Raleigh has a pretty good league, and we are looking forward to joining.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:10 AM

If schools are not an issue then I would say South-Western Franklin County is your new home You will love it!! You will also be in Raleigh in 25-55 mins depending on where in Raleigh.

Pick a spot where you have easy access to 401, 96, and 98 so you can get into Rolesville, Wake Forest, and Raleigh when you need to.

If you like a real slow, peaceful country feel with everything you could want and need within a 15 min. drive then South-West Franklin County is perfect, IMO!

Old 07-04-2008, 09:29 AM

6 posts, read 19,554 times
Default Georgetown Woods Subdivision?

Hi, Do any of you have info on the Georgetown Woods Subdivision in Youngsville. It is right around the corner from Woodcroft?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary