Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 09:10 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,622,635 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

A few heated debates going on lately here, so I thought I would try and lighten things up a bit...........does anyone have plans for Labor Day weekend in The Triangle Area? Any special events going on? Weekend trips, Day trips, etc? I would love to hear about others plans while I sit up here in NJ, wishing I was doing the same....
Actually, I will be working all weekend so, anyone care to share? Jeannie

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 11:17 PM

241 posts, read 935,205 times
We're heading to Oak Island Never been, yay!

Old 08-26-2007, 05:26 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,037,211 times
Although we were planning to go out of town, we decided to stay here and will probably spend a lot of time out on falls lake.

Leigh

Old 08-26-2007, 06:57 AM

420 posts, read 1,398,053 times
We are heading out of town. We'll be doing Busch Gardens on Saturday, DC and the National Zoo on Sunday, a beach in VA known for it's sharks teeth on Monday.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:55 AM

847 posts, read 3,523,874 times
Ooo, my guys would love to know a beach with shark's teeth! Do tell.

We'll be cooking out with some friends. Not barbecuing. Cooking out.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:37 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,061,415 times
We thought about going out of town, but when we mentioned it to some friends, one actually complained! "You guys always go out of town on holidays!" he said. I think this was his way of saying that he wants us to have another dinner party.

In addition to that, I'm thinking about going to see the Paperhand Puppet Intervention's show "A Shoe for your Foot".
Paperhand Puppet Intervention

Old 08-26-2007, 09:42 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,622,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
We thought about going out of town, but when we mentioned it to some friends, one actually complained! "You guys always go out of town on holidays!" he said. I think this was his way of saying that he wants us to have another dinner party.

In addition to that, I'm thinking about going to see the Paperhand Puppet Intervention's show "A Shoe for your Foot".
Very nice to hear from you Mrs. Steel.....by the way, that site looked very interesting....enjoy your weekend! Jeannie

Old 08-26-2007, 10:03 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,061,415 times
Hi, Jeannie! I haven't been too active on the boards lately. I started a new knitting project, so my hands are often too full of yarn & needles to type!

Another great theatre offering that is opening Labor Day weekend is "The Complete History of America (abridged)". The theatre-in-the-park group at Pullen Park is presenting it. I was lucky enough to see this play performed by the original cast and it is hilarious!
Theatre In The Park | A Performing Arts Theatre located in Raleigh, North Carolina (http://www.theatreinthepark.com/v02/sections02/currentproductions/historyamerica.html - broken link)

Old 08-26-2007, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 9,172 times
Ooh, please share the sharks tooth beach! My son would flip!

Old 08-26-2007, 06:15 PM

847 posts, read 3,523,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post

We saw it last night. We've seen PPI at the Eno Festival and at Weaver Street Sundays, but this was something else completely. It was AMAZING. (Take something to sit on and something to drink, or even a picnic.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary