Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2014, 07:02 PM

69 posts, read 89,636 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for suggestions on mcdonalds/chick-fil-a/other? location that has a really nice children's playground. The quality seems to vary a bit location by location and I promised the kids we'd go get lunch and they could play tomorrow as a treat.

We tried our local chick-fil-a (the kids love the grilled nuggets and fruit) but the playarea was sooooooooooooo crowded that we didn't stay long at all.

Just curious if the parents know any locations with nice play areas...I'm happy to drive!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 07:32 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,339,155 times
These are my picks; The McDonalds on Walnut St in Cary is new and the play area is good. The Chick Fil A playgrounds on Tryon (Waverly Place) and High House (Stone Creek/Cornerstone) are good.

I like going before or after the lunch rush. I do not like any of those indoor play areas when they are crowded.

Another decent indoor play area is at Southpoint Mall but that is for the younger set. By about 5 they get too tall for those.

Old 08-08-2014, 06:49 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,254,485 times
We like McDonalds on Walnut too but it seems to be always overrun by the wild kids screaming like banshees (with the parents wisely not seating nearby ).

It's not a restaurant but PlayNation in Morrisville is a great indoor playground and they have tables, so you can bring your food (and they have free wi-fi). They usually have open play on weekdays from 10 till 6.

Oh, and Wheels Fun Park in Durham has a restaurant (they don't allow outside food) and it's a fun place for kids.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:10 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,229,164 times
Chick-fil-A usually has a playground at most free standing locations.

Burger King has pulled its out, mostly in locations in the process of closing. McDonald's pulled its out for rebuilding to the McCafe concept. I guess making money by selling food is more productive than the expense of cleaning and maintaining playgrounds.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:37 AM

116 posts, read 172,948 times
Hope Community Church in Cary actually has an indoor playground open to the public during the week, and a nice coffee bar!

Old 08-09-2014, 07:49 AM

30 posts, read 61,499 times
We do a lot of traveling and find that most Chick-fil-A's consistently have very well maintained play areas, as well as dining areas.

Occasionally we head to Crabtree mall for indoor play. There's a Lego store where the kids are allowed to build things, then there's the Disney store to browse, and then there's a indoor play area with 50 cent rides near the Sears entrance. Plenty of room to run around.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:09 PM

69 posts, read 89,636 times
Though most places such as Chic-fil-A have playgrounds it doesn't mean they are all maintained the same. For example, we visited the one on Capital Blvd and it was FILTHY. There were straws, napkins, bits of food, and cups on the ground. The floor was full of stains and the whole area had an awful wet, musty smell. I grabbed the kids and high tailed it out of there. Like it seriously made me ill. I couldn't believe the location would let it get that bad.

That's why I was looking for specific recommendations from parents who've been to certain locations and been impressed with the condition of the playarea.

I did get a few suggestions so thanks much!

Old 08-13-2014, 07:32 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,339,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorrieM View Post
Though most places such as Chic-fil-A have playgrounds it doesn't mean they are all maintained the same. For example, we visited the one on Capital Blvd and it was FILTHY. There were straws, napkins, bits of food, and cups on the ground. The floor was full of stains and the whole area had an awful wet, musty smell. I grabbed the kids and high tailed it out of there. Like it seriously made me ill. I couldn't believe the location would let it get that bad.

That's why I was looking for specific recommendations from parents who've been to certain locations and been impressed with the condition of the playarea.

I did get a few suggestions so thanks much!
Indoor playgrounds are my last resort for that reason. I also feel like they are magnets for kids with runny noses. The Chick Fil A on High House in Stone Creek is well maintained. They even have a sign outside the door stating the name of the company that sanitizes it for them. The new McDonalds on Walnut gets a lot of traffic so I can see where at busy times it might get messy but they seem to be on top of it and it has been clean when I have gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary