Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 01:30 PM

27 posts, read 146,719 times

Advertisements

Hey there,
I am looking for a place to have my eyebrows threaded, I keep hearing about this, but have yet to have it done. Usually I just get them waxed and don't have the patience to grow them out.... anyone know where I can get them done in the Wake Forest or surrounding area? And maybe cost?

THanks!
M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 01:58 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
OK, I'm going to reveal my age now. What is "threading eyebrows" ??

Just curious, as I might be missing out on something in my silver years... and I still have a lot of living to do!

Old 09-08-2007, 02:20 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,110,414 times
It's a method of hair removal using find threads. I believe it's Indian in origin but used widely in Asia and the middl eEast. I know most of my female Indian friends gets their eyebrows and such threaded.
I have no idea about in Wake Forest, but there are a few salons in Cary that do it.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:32 PM

27 posts, read 146,719 times
okay- for those of you that don't know what threading is, check out this video
YouTube - Philadelphia Eyebrow Threading Ardmore Shanti Medspa

so, this was my first time getting threading done, and i must say, so far i love it. i have waxed and tweezed previously and was happy with that, but this left my eyebrow area even sharper and cleaner. also, because there was no hot wax on my skin, i was only a little pink for a few minutes instead of the typical hour or so. the feeling was kind of like a small rubber band snapping against the skin. i would say it was better then tweezing, but because it took a little longer then waxing a little more pain tolerance was needed.

i ended up going to estee salon on six forks. the results were good, a little pricey though-$18 for eyebrows.

Last edited by mandadonovan; 09-08-2007 at 03:41 PM..

Old 09-08-2007, 09:20 PM

88 posts, read 401,969 times
There's a salon in Cary... I need to find the name, I'm sorry I don't have it handy. Came highly recommended and was super cheap (less than $10 for brows). I've been meaning to make an appointment, too.

Old 09-08-2007, 10:09 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,669,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbabies View Post
There's a salon in Cary... I need to find the name, I'm sorry I don't have it handy. Came highly recommended and was super cheap (less than $10 for brows). I've been meaning to make an appointment, too.
If you find the name, please post it. I've been meaning to try this.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:01 PM

96 posts, read 477,942 times
There's another one in the same complex as Chandni's. Its Shamin's beauty parlor. Google it for the phone #. It costs aboyut $7 + tip.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:36 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,966,793 times
Great thread, I've been dying to get this done. Did the eyebrows come out natural looking? I'm always afraid someone will take out too much.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:31 PM

96 posts, read 477,942 times
I've been getting it done for a long time. Its actually better than waxing since there is more control over which hair gets pulled out unlike a wax strip where a little bit of extra wax can actually wipe away a part of the eyebrow ..don't laugh .. it happened to me :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
Great thread, I've been dying to get this done. Did the eyebrows come out natural looking? I'm always afraid someone will take out too much.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:44 PM

336 posts, read 1,495,809 times
is there any place aside from Chandni's that does eyebrow threading in the triangle? i called tanas and they only do waxing, despite what their website reads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary