Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 06:50 PM

42 posts, read 189,952 times

Advertisements

Is this a new episode? The real estate agent, Bonnie, expects to sell the home for $465,000. Has anyone seen this before?

I'm curious about the neighborhood. Bonnie says it's the fastest-selling neighborhood in Raleigh. Any guesses?

(If this show is old news, I apologize!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 07:04 PM

959 posts, read 4,492,718 times
It's on again at 12:30am (tonight-morrow). I set the dvr to record it

Old 09-17-2007, 07:40 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,693,412 times
I thought I saw in her advertisement Falls River at Woodlawn, but that didn't make sense. I'm so nosey that I tried to see if there were any sales in Falls River for $425,000 last Spring on the county's website, but couldn't find anything. I really like this show because you really start to understand the transaction from many different angles.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:12 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
I know the agent and was around for the tapings, although I stayed out of every photo!!! I can avoid a camera at all costs!

Remember that even though this is "reality tv", the producers tell people where to stand and what to say!

Last year, Bonnie, was a new agent, coming from CALIF. She DID go door to door to get clients, whenever she saw a FSBO sign. She did think that since Falls River was the hottest selling neighborhood, that it was time to raise the prices.

Realtors don't raise the prices. Buyers decide what the market will do.

The first offer of $425,000 was the BEST OFFER but the sellers did not want to take it since they had been told that they could get so much more.

Sometimes its hard to understand how, in just a few weeks, prices can rise or decline.

The sellers originally wanted $430,000 for their house but was told they could get much more. And maybe back in the summer, they could have gotten that. By the time, the house went on the market, it was November, when prices typically will drop if there is a huge supply of homes on the market. When the first offer of $425,000 came in, they should have taken it but they didn't.

By the time, Bonnie got the sellers to understand it was necessary to drop the price, they had lost confidence in their Agent. The next Agent put the house on the market, same price, and received an offer in 10 days.

Who said Real Estate was EASY?!!

Vicki

Old 09-17-2007, 08:22 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times
Vicki, Real Estate is tough and getting tougher everyday IMHO. My hat is off to you and all agents that try to make a go of it!

Old 09-17-2007, 09:28 PM

Thanks dansdrive. I honestly can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing!

I have the BEST SELLERS and the BEST BUYERS out there!

Vicki

Old 09-18-2007, 07:38 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,693,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I know the agent and was around for the tapings, although I stayed out of every photo!!! I can avoid a camera at all costs!

Remember that even though this is "reality tv", the producers tell people where to stand and what to say!

Last year, Bonnie, was a new agent, coming from CALIF. She DID go door to door to get clients, whenever she saw a FSBO sign. She did think that since Falls River was the hottest selling neighborhood, that it was time to raise the prices.

Realtors don't raise the prices. Buyers decide what the market will do.

The first offer of $425,000 was the BEST OFFER but the sellers did not want to take it since they had been told that they could get so much more.

Sometimes its hard to understand how, in just a few weeks, prices can rise or decline.

The sellers originally wanted $430,000 for their house but was told they could get much more. And maybe back in the summer, they could have gotten that. By the time, the house went on the market, it was November, when prices typically will drop if there is a huge supply of homes on the market. When the first offer of $425,000 came in, they should have taken it but they didn't.

By the time, Bonnie got the sellers to understand it was necessary to drop the price, they had lost confidence in their Agent. The next Agent put the house on the market, same price, and received an offer in 10 days.

Who said Real Estate was EASY?!!

Vicki
Just curious, is Bonnie still a realtor here? She seemed a little too aggressive for my taste.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:49 AM

Yes, Bonnie IS still an Agent. Funny that you found her that way...some of the Agents in my office found her that way too! We just keep telling her that is is NOT Calif! She really is a very nice person. And she is doing well with her business.

Remember, that part of the editing process means that they cut out certain scenes and take things out of context. Thats TV! And thats why I said NO when they called!!!

The scene where Bonnie pulled her car into the driveway...she said it took half a day to film as she kept missing her "mark"!

Vicki

Old 09-18-2007, 08:16 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,693,245 times
To me it seemed like she was basing her pricing of the house on what she was used to in CA. I just found it weird that with all her real estate experience she thought she could set a new price point in that neighborhood. Oh well, I'm glad she's successful here too. (I mean that !)

Old 09-18-2007, 08:47 AM

I mean this in the NICEST way...the WORST sellers are FSBOs!

They want to overprice their home and do it themselves. So you have a new agent that is trying to get business and goes knocking on doors. I'm not picking on Bonnie since she is not the only one that I KNOW does this.

The FSBO seller WANTS to hear that their house is beautiful but doesn't want to pay commission to have an Agent. MONEY is their motivating factor. So what does the new agent tell them? That she'll take the price they want and add the commissions to the house and she'll handle the transaction and the paperwork to get them to closing! AND...all this will end up being FREE to them!

I've seen MANY new agents do this!

So now you have set up the sellers to believe they'll get more than market value and less money out of pocket. How can they not be disappointed???

To me, this is simply a disservice to sellers.

Be nice. I'm just telling you what I see and hear everyday!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary