Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2012, 08:09 AM

2,905 posts, read 5,923,224 times

Advertisements

So I've been out of the fireworks game for years....can anyone with kids tell me what the best bet is around the Wakefield/Wake Forest area? I don't mind driving a bit, but by definition the fireworks have to be after dark, and she's already supposed to be sleeping by then. I hate to keep her up too late, but also want to show her some fireworks this year. She'll love them. The shorter the drive, the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 09:28 AM

645 posts, read 988,985 times
RDU - Wakefield/Wake Forest would be Heritage High show. I went a couple years ago - parked at Heritage Middle. The kids played on the middle school field before hand, then actually sat in the mini-van to watch the show. You can see it very easily from inside, esp. with moon/sun roof. We had tunes, ate, hung out. Lots of people out there. No bugs - and if there are, you can sit in your car. You could easily have the little one in her PJs in the car - she can fall asleep in her car seat if she gets tired - and then just put her to bed when you get home.

Getting home was a pain, if I recall. Took us over an hour to get out of there. Not many options for leaving the Heritage area, so traffic is bad. Not a big deal for me, boys feel asleep in their seats - when I got home, I just plopped them in bed.

One other thing - the Heritage show is on the 3rd, so no worries about having to go to work the next day. I think they put on a good show, too.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:31 AM

2,905 posts, read 5,923,224 times
Great info - thanks!

Old 06-27-2012, 10:02 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,445 times
Default 9pm

Most shows start at 9pm and last 20-30 min. tops. The drive home is long anywhere in the triangle that has fireworks because of traffic so they will fall asleep in the car.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:26 AM

6 posts, read 44,918 times
Any other suggestions on where you can see Wake Forest/Heritage fireworks without actually going into Heritage high school parking lots? Thanks!

Old 07-03-2012, 11:07 AM

441 posts, read 1,292,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddanielle View Post
Any other suggestions on where you can see Wake Forest/Heritage fireworks without actually going into Heritage high school parking lots? Thanks!
Park at Walgreens or HT - we where at a friends apartment last year across from Walgreens, we walk to the corner, clear view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary