Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 08:30 PM

615 posts, read 1,503,628 times

Advertisements

Considering we just installed a pool about 3/4 the size of the pool u want, I. Would say it would cost @ 35'000....plus @5,000 for a fence.

Ours was $25,000 but @12x24. Basic rectangle with 3' concrete pad around. That price is complete with saline system and excavation. No other extras like water features, special shape, slide, diving board ect.

Fence will be @ 4000 partial wood and part metal....but we r installing it ourselves.

Also consider additional yard grading after the pool is installed and any other patio or decking u want near the pool....anywhere from another $3-10,000 depending on size, materials and if u r doing it yourself or hiring out the labor.

I hope this helps to give a ballpark number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 08:39 PM

Clearwater pools in garner/Clayton area of Johnston county. Small family run business that has been around about 15 yrs. easy to deal with...laid back. No high pressure pitches....the price is what it is...and they don't try to talk u into anything extra. You can go in and tell them what u want and get a price right there...in writing.

We r not bargainers...just tell us the price..take it or leave it. So we liked that about them. Other pool companies(bigger outfits) felt too high pressure and like we were getting the run around.(and the prices were higher too). We just wanted a basic , smaller, in ground pool with no bells and whistles..so it was a good fit for us. If u want fancy, more elaborate...u may want to try a bigger place.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:58 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom5497 View Post
Clearwater pools in garner/Clayton area of Johnston county. Small family run business that has been around about 15 yrs. easy to deal with...laid back. No high pressure pitches....the price is what it is...and they don't try to talk u into anything extra. You can go in and tell them what u want and get a price right there...in writing.

We r not bargainers...just tell us the price..take it or leave it. So we liked that about them. Other pool companies(bigger outfits) felt too high pressure and like we were getting the run around.(and the prices were higher too). We just wanted a basic , smaller, in ground pool with no bells and whistles..so it was a good fit for us. If u want fancy, more elaborate...u may want to try a bigger place.
I think this is a different company than what we had problems with.. Frank B is the one to stay clear off.
Even admitted later that he was overwhelmed and got behind..after he tried to collect on undone work..

Old 10-27-2012, 09:17 AM

Yes it must be a different company because there r only three or four owners/employees and none were named frank.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:06 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom5497 View Post

Just curious of the other "bigger outfit" pool companies you are referring to?

Old 10-28-2012, 12:15 PM

Rising sun pools, Capitol pools, Raleigh pools and spas

Old 10-28-2012, 07:07 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,857 times
Odd that you felt pressured from Rising Sun pools. I've never felt any pressure about any purchase I've made from them. Rising Sun is also a family-owned and operated business and has been since 1972! I think the big factor that keeps Rising Sun pools as the #1 pool retailer in the area is the fact that they are locally-owned.

Raleigh & Cary NC Above Ground Pools | Inground Pools Raleigh | Swimming Pools

Old 10-30-2012, 06:04 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,087 times
Default ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Odd that you felt pressured from Rising Sun pools. I've never felt any pressure about any purchase I've made from them. Rising Sun is also a family-owned and operated business and has been since 1972! I think the big factor that keeps Rising Sun pools as the #1 pool retailer in the area is the fact that they are locally-owned.

Raleigh & Cary NC Above Ground Pools | Inground Pools Raleigh | Swimming Pools
Ditto, also the bigger the company (of course it has to be good also) the better the chance that if there was a major problem with this major project, they will stand behind their work. Small pool companies (more so if they are new) have a bad track record for closing up and opening under a new name. I have seen one do it in Wake county 3 times (it is not mentioned here). No pressure from rising sun.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:07 AM

20 posts, read 25,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
Ditto, also the bigger the company (of course it has to be good also) the better the chance that if there was a major problem with this major project, they will stand behind their work. Small pool companies (more so if they are new) have a bad track record for closing up and opening under a new name. I have seen one do it in Wake county 3 times (it is not mentioned here). No pressure from rising sun.

So far our dealings with Rising Sun have been good. We've asked them a lot of questions on design and costs and always got a good response within a few hours. No pressure that I've felt.

I suppose there are good and bad aspects going with a larger versus smaller builder. I feel a larger builder has more experience and seen all the issues/problems before, but worry that we won't get the personal attention or details done as well. While a small builder may not have the experience they could be more involved with the project details and easier to reach. Kinda of like going to a walmart versus a local small store. Not sure if this is truly the case or not but I do like that Rising Sun has been around a long time with multiple local stores.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:24 PM

Maybe it was just the salesman we dealt with..he just seemed very used car salesman and would tell us one price and then 5 minutes later the price was totally different...and their prices were higher overall than the other places we had visited....just was not a positive experience for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary