Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2007, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 14,182 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am planning a baby shower soon for a friend who lives in Cary. I'm new here and know nothing about what is available to rent around here. Can anyone suggest a nice hall or reception area that can be rented for events in Cary or Raleigh?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 03:11 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,104,632 times
I went to a nice baby shower at a tea room in Raleigh. I can't remember the name of it, but it was off Six Forks Road in Raleigh.

Ok, I foud it, it's called The Chamomile Cottage Tea Room & Gift Shop. There is another one in APex I contacted for my SIL' s shower that seemed reasonable, but she decided she wanted one at home.
Bond Park in Cary also has conference type rooms they rent out for birthday parties and such. If it's going to be fairly soon, you could do it outdoors at Pullen Park. They have shelters there that are sort of out of the way of the main park and it might be nice if children are invited. Most of the major hotels in the area have large reception style rooms you can rent. Maybe check the Embassy Suites in Cary off Harrison. Plus, several larger restaurants have private rooms you can reserve if you have lunch/dinner there.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:58 PM

997 posts, read 4,644,586 times
We made a rehearsal dinner in Cary at Biaggis Italian Restaurant on Cary Parkway in the Preston Walk Shopping Center. They have a private room. Hope this helps.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:01 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,153,603 times
How many people are you inviting? What's your price range for just the venue?

My friends threw my baby shower on our back deck. But we also have an absurdly large back deck (it's bigger than our kitchen and living room combined). Maybe I should start renting my deck out to people lol.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:04 AM

3 posts, read 9,613 times
ask a church if you can rent their fellowship hall

Old 04-30-2013, 06:48 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
All the baby showers that I've been to have been at people's HOMES. When did it become such a big deal that you have to GO somewhere and RENT a place??? Ok, so it has been YEARS since I've been to a baby shower!!!

Vicki

Old 04-30-2013, 08:44 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,153,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
All the baby showers that I've been to have been at people's HOMES. When did it become such a big deal that you have to GO somewhere and RENT a place??? Ok, so it has been YEARS since I've been to a baby shower!!!

Vicki
I can't say I've ever been to a baby shower in a rented venue before either. Closest would be one I went to where they used the apartment complex's clubhouse.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:03 AM

1 posts, read 5,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post

Vicki
I realize you posted this almost two years ago, but I just wanted to reply. Before you begin to criticize others for the need to RENT a hall instead of having it at HOME, maybe try to understand that everyone has different needs and circumstances. I am having a shower for someone, but my home is too small to accommodate the number of woman that will be in attendance, forcing me to try to find a suitable size room to have it in and so that I can offer food. Sometimes you need to look outside yourself and your own needs to understand that others might have a different need or different set of circumstances. Good relations starts simply from a place of understanding.

Old 09-20-2016, 02:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,794 times
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolvr11 View Post
I realize you posted this almost two years ago, but I just wanted to reply. Before you begin to criticize others for the need to RENT a hall instead of having it at HOME, maybe try to understand that everyone has different needs and circumstances. I am having a shower for someone, but my home is too small to accommodate the number of woman that will be in attendance, forcing me to try to find a suitable size room to have it in and so that I can offer food. Sometimes you need to look outside yourself and your own needs to understand that others might have a different need or different set of circumstances. Good relations starts simply from a place of understanding.
I agree and that is my reasoning for looking in addition to the stress of having it at your home; cleaning and being cautious of every move you make. In addition, my home is very dear to me and I'd hate for people to just be walking around all over the houes no matter how much I like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary