Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 08:54 PM

351 posts, read 1,194,927 times

Advertisements

Peek a Do is in Southpoint. They were pricey $18 but did a good job, had great toys in the waiting room, and a dvd players for the kiddos.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:20 AM

1 posts, read 7,709 times
Thumbs up Peek-a-Do! is Fantastic!

We take our kids to Peek-a-Do! across the street from Southpoint mall and it is wonderful! We have been going there for 2 years now and the staff is great, it is clean and they have a great toy selection too! My daughter loves the glitter she gets at the end of her haircut, we have even gotten manicures for her and her friend! Our son was a very "reluctant" customer at first and now we can't get him out the door! He loves sitting in the boat or airplane or car and his haircuts have always been great. I highly recommend Peek-a-Do! and I know you and your kids will love it!

Old 11-01-2007, 09:32 AM

285 posts, read 1,040,291 times
Another fan of Peek-A-Do! Not only is it a great environment for a kid's hair salon, but it's also a mini toy store that specializes in nifty wooden toys and puzzles and old fashioned tops. My daughter enjoys watching DVDs during the haircut and sitting in an airplane.

One nice outing is to schedule a Peek-A-Do haircut and follow up with a photo session across the street at Southpoint's Picture People.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:42 AM

718 posts, read 2,974,258 times
We use Snip Its in Apex, they have done a great job. My daughter also went to a birthday party there. Very Cute.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:22 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,760,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillep22 View Post
We take our kids to Peek-a-Do! across the street from Southpoint mall and it is wonderful! We have been going there for 2 years now and the staff is great, it is clean and they have a great toy selection too! My daughter loves the glitter she gets at the end of her haircut, we have even gotten manicures for her and her friend! Our son was a very "reluctant" customer at first and now we can't get him out the door! He loves sitting in the boat or airplane or car and his haircuts have always been great. I highly recommend Peek-a-Do! and I know you and your kids will love it!
I know many folks are fans of peek-a-do but I am not. We've only been twice (both times this summer) but I found the staff to be cold and detached with the kids and the parents. I have a neighbor who has had a similar experience. Also the cars that the kids sit in are appropriate for about age 3 and under. My 7 & 4 year olds could not fit in any of the cars. We've been to other kid hair cut places that have those kid jeeps from mattel and mattel motorcycles so even the big kids fit.

In the Southpoint area near target is Sports Clips which caters to boys and men mainly. My 7 year old thought that was fun and it was only $12 and the lady was super friendly. And at Sports Clips they also will gel or spray color in your hair for free.

Last edited by PDXmom; 11-01-2007 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-16-2007, 05:16 AM

1 posts, read 6,110 times
Smile We Love Peek-a-do!!!!!!!!

We absolutely love Peek-a-Do and tell everyone about it. They do a fantastic job on my kids' hair and the staff are super-friendly. We go there for manicures on teacher workdays and then go have lunch at Southpoint. It's the only place in town that will do a cute manicure for a 4 year old and talk to her the whole time!! My younger daughter was invited to a birthday party there and didn't stop talking about it for weeks. We'll probably do a party there for her next birthday. I absolutely recommend Peek-a-Do!!

Old 12-16-2007, 09:49 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,387,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sls76 View Post
I know. Everytime I go in one and there's a screaming child (and my son was one of them last year) I nearly lose it. I can't imagine trying to deal with that every day.

When my daughter was younger I took her to Snip-Its. The hair stylist snipped her eyebrow while trimming her bangs. That's why my daughter was crying. They didn't charge us and I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:20 AM

1 posts, read 5,611 times
Do you want to give away your JJ cuts coupon thing ?

Old 08-29-2008, 05:28 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,863,920 times
I, too, am not a fan of Peek a Dos. It's clean and looks nice, but the two times we went there, they hacked my girl's hair. She has a simple bob style and they just didn't get it straight. Everytime I look at the back of her head, I keep thinking about how I'll never go back there. Cost cutters or Great Clips are the way to go. Cheap and decent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary