Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 08:50 PM

120 posts, read 296,366 times

Advertisements

Hello. With TDay around the corner and a trip up north looming. We need to find a dog sitter in the Cary/Apex area. Our dogs hate being bordered and our neighbors have watched our dogs in the past, but they will be out of town also. Have two little maltese dogs and I'm curious if anyone knows a reliable dog sitter.

Last edited by NewCarolinaGuy; 11-09-2012 at 09:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 03:55 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,420,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCarolinaGuy View Post
Hello. With TDay around the corner and a trip up north looming. We need to find a dog sitter in the Cary/Apex area. Our dogs hate being bordered and our neighbors have watched our dogs in the past, but they will be out of town also. Have two little maltese dogs and I'm curious if anyone knows a reliable dog sitter.
We've always used at home pet sitters and have never boarded our dogs (2 little shih-tzus). When we first moved here, we used a woman who had been recommended to us. She worked solo and about a year ago, we had a very bad experience. She neglected our dogs and made only 3 of 8 scheduled over a 3 day period.

Anyway, just wanted to say to be cautious. She had come highly recommended.

We now use an agency in Cary called Pet au Pair and have been extremely pleased. They are insured, bonded and so good about keeping in touch to let you know how things are going while you are away. They will come meet you and your pets ahead of time. We are also going away for TG. Our sitter is a veterinarian student at NC State. They are not inexpensive but for me, peace of mind knowing they are well taken care of is worth the cost. Here's their link. Good luck.

Professional & loving pet sitting services for Cary, Morrisville, Apex, Holly Springs and Raleigh, NC. ***** NOW SERVICING FUQUAY-VARINA, CLAYTON, AND THE GREATER CLEVELAND AREA!

Old 11-10-2012, 03:04 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,146,209 times
I also used Pet Au Pair when I lived in the Triangle and also was pleased. However, you are looking a little late in the season for Thanksgiving. They may not have availability. If not, you might also want to use this for more ideas: Home | Triangle Area Professional Pet Sitters

Old 11-10-2012, 04:13 PM

467 posts, read 1,774,247 times
I've both work for and used Fetch! Pet Care and highly recommend! Kelly and her staff are great!
Give them a call - tell them Lisa from WF sent you!

Fetch! Pet Care of Apex-Cary Dog Walking, Pet Sitting & Boarding - Home

Old 11-11-2012, 07:43 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,534,278 times
We also use Pet Au Pair. She also waters our plants, takes in the newspaper and brings in our mail.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:19 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,031,410 times
I also recommend Fetch! they are great!

leigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary